Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: What's in a Striper's stomach

Quote Originally Posted by TroutOnly View Post
    GHOST THE KILL-KILL-KILL THING IS A JOKE I HAVE WITH SOME OF MY HARDCORE SALTWATER FRIENDS ,AND I THINK ITS FUNNY CAUSE I WAS BABTISED IN THE SALTWATER WHEN I WAS SIX,,,,,TROLLING IS NOT GAY,TELL ALAN COLE THAT,,,LOL,,,HE KILLS BIG TIME AT THE WILLOW AND LAKE MOJAVE WITH IT. AS FAR AS FRANCO GOES HE'S AS GAY AS THE DAY IS LONG,HES JUST ANOTHER JOHNY COME LATELY STRIPER PRO WERE WAS HE WHEN I WAS KILLING THE PIGS WITH MY SALTWATER 30LB SETUP AND A/C PLUG IN 83 AT 3 IN THE MORNING ,NINJA FISHING ,BUT BACK THEN WE DIDNT KNOW WE WERE NINJAS,WE WERE JUST HARDCORE SWIMBAIT MANIANCS,,,,,,,,,,WHO WANTED TO TANGLE WITH THE PIG STRIPEYS,,,,,,,,,,s/o,,,,,,,
    No worries troutonly. Still see Allan Cole once in awhile at his old river haunts. He still catches big fish, although nowhere near the damage I see Jerry Rago unleash at that place. That man is a striper hunting animal. I hope no one takes the ribbing to heart. It's all about fishing and having some fun. I just like poking fun with the largemouth guys. I still feel strongly about letting big striper go, managing a fishery for all anglers not just the bass queens, and the fact that the DFG has let some of not just the states best fisheries, but the nations go in to the toilet bowl. They allow this just to please envirementalists whose adventures in the outdoors consist of taking the Prius to Mammoth to go skiing.

um, look up "density dependent fisheries" and "striped bass fecundity". There are other variables involved, but I'll start you out slowly.

Quote Originally Posted by ghost2uu View Post
    Am I missing something? The only post I see from Godwad is that he liked my post. That is my post he quoted guy. So you read my post liked my opinion on upper and lower Castaic and then bash me? Trust me when I say if you wrote the journals you can keep them, you can't even keep a conversation straight. I would rather see Kwins. Why not for the better of these boards don't you post some of that info. You don't have to slap me with them I will gladly read them. As you said you care less about stripers and you are a largemouth guy. Go start a largemouth post. Your opinion really means nothing after the point you said you care less about stripers and that was eight words into your post. I care about stripers. This is a striper post. Kill them all if you wish. I will continue to release all the big largemouth I accidently catch on big baits for you instead of giving them to my wierd neighbor. Instead of just talking the talk why don't you bust out the journal access and let us all see it. With all your knowledge you didn't even figure out you are agreeing with me and talking **** to me at the same time. Good job on firing a some half *** response touting your wisdom. Yes as YOU stated in words one through six, I guess you are.
    I think I was agreeing and disagreeing with BOTH of you. The posts were sooo damn big it was hard to keep it all straight in the short time I had to read it...Dont get your man-thong in a wad. Im already published in the Journal of Conservation Biology from graduate work in 2005. I dont need your approval. But...I am glad you dont give your trophy female LMB to your weird neighbor either...

And, for the record....I personally release both trophy and schoolie stripers I catch. I only keep an occasional schoolie for tacos....

Quote Originally Posted by fish-o-haulic View Post
    Well if you have such a nice boat maybe you should go fishing with me in it, then give it too me. Dang rich people flashin there rich stuff in poor peoples faces why I otta. HUMPH. I have a good mind to show you my prized possesion of useless and random poor people objects. Thats right you heard me, i bet your jelous now. HEHEHE
    LOL you can come out anytime....But really, I cant afford it on a teachers salary...I waited tables at night for 4 years to be able to buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by kwin View Post
    um, look up "density dependent fisheries" and "striped bass fecundity". There are other variables involved, but I'll start you out slowly.
    You may be referring to fecundity involving community partner species as well, not just for striped bass.

Quote Originally Posted by kwin View Post
    THANK YOU KWIN!!!!!!!!
    Kwin how many times have the striper spawned succesfully since they were introduced into the lake?
    Stormcrow, no hard feelings I hope just a bit of ribbing from one fisherman to another.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789