Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bend Over

No surprise. Once again, money = corruption.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcrow View Post
    Wow...you guys are up in arms about a 3 dollar charge for a tag? Thats totally fine....You wait in line with other "frugal" individuals for 90 minutes to get inspected. I'll hit the water quick and be culling by the time you fire up your motor and off the water eating lunch at Yellow Basket by the time you get your 3rd fish. :-)

I mean, really, there are worse things...

Im grateful we can even still fish DVL these days.
    EH personally im just cheap and will do anything to avoid paying extra money for anything.
    If your too busy to go fishin; YOUR TOO BUSY!!!!!!

Maybe that $3 could be used to speed up the line some how...

Quote Originally Posted by dixoncider View Post
    Maybe that $3 could be used to speed up the line some how...
    My iced tea just burst out of my mouth from laughter.

Quote Originally Posted by TopwaterTony View Post
    I call BS, it has never taken over 5 minutes for me. If you are there early enough, the inspection is done IN LINE. So again, I call BS.

As far as the fee, yeah it seems a little weird that if you plan to bring your boat back to DVL, you shouldn't be penalized since in my eyes no inspection = less work for the employees there. And putting a tag on takes 10 seconds.
    I agree, it has never taken longer than 5 mins for me either....but consider what you just read in this thread. Think of how many people will now wait for inspection rather than purchase a tag. Im just reading the tea leaves of what might happen in the future because of this. 90 minute wait because 30 boats "refused" to buy tags last time out. And there is only 1 guy doing the inspections. Even just 20 boats at your 5 minutes a piece is 100 minutes....almost 2 hours.

Somehow I think there geniusses will think of charging $10 for an in line (pre opening) inspection. While we are changing our minds they will change the rules. Time to go to Perris or Skinner. I fish DVL more than 100 times a year so this cost me another $300; not small change. I plan to go there only once a week and get an inspection every time.

I agree, it has never taken longer than 5 mins for me either....but consider what you just read in this thread. Think of how many people will now wait for inspection rather than purchase a tag. Im just reading the tea leaves of what might happen in the future because of this. 90 minute wait because 30 boats "refused" to buy tags last time out. And there is only 1 guy doing the inspections. Even just 20 boats at your 5 minutes a piece is 100 minutes....almost 2 hours.
    I got you, it will definitively have the potential to take longer in the situation you describe. Although it could still be 5 minutes as well, but if there is a rush of boats at the same time you are getting there it will take longer. I still don't get the $3 tag logic though, even though I am not necessarily 100% against it. I would just like an explanation of the extra fee, and what it goes towards, as it just seems almost like a deterrent in my opinion. Otherwise why not just beat around the bush and raise the fees again. If this was a product, skimming an additional $3 off frequent boaters seems like bad marketing IMHO.

At a couple of the lakes in San Diego County you have go through a mandatory boat wash station for $10 on top of the launch and permit fees. Gotta love those quaggas.

Old fishermen never die. They just smell that way.
    The Best of Fishbreath

Ya Tony has a good question...What is the actual INTENTION of the 3 dollar fee?

Ya Tony has a good question...What is the actual INTENTION of the 3 dollar fee?
    Perhaps to help defray the costs of the new rentals that aren't on the water yet? Gasoline costs? Maybe they are going to build a second kiosk and lane to shorten the entry time? Mechanical costs? Maybe the MWD increased their lease fees? Of course I'm pulling these out of my arse to give someone time to justify this additional fee...

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast