Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bend Over

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Seal, you're not dense, nor are you uneducated on your reasoning. You're pretty much right about the fees are getting to be ridiculous, but at the same time, think about the other smaller water bodies within the cities that charge $8 for entrance, and $4 to fish. The fees are merely funding to clean up after the messes left by the visitors, which includes manpower to clean (trash, toilets, and picnic areas), enforce (security), and maintain the recreation, set forth by MWD based on drinking water standards. $3 fee for a "Let me pass now" stamp got me doing the HUH?! at first glance. But that fee may be an offset for something that we may not be able to see upfront until someone on the inside gives us an insider scoop. They may just flat out say, hey, fee increase to $8 for entry, and $5 for fishing. Easier to swallow. $3 for a specialize stamp? Better be a freaking hologram spectacle. I rather take that entrance fee and invest in something more glorious, like a crank bait that I can use at Big Bear, Perris, Silverwood or smaller lakes that I don't have to pay to fish, or with better family activities.

Words like "private operators' fees” “provide necessities for anglers' activities”, and "stakeholders” make my blood boil. We can drill down to where, what, and why our taxes, fees, and other costs go towards whatever or whoever for years and still not get to the real answer.

Sean, you spelled it out perfectly this was an obvious scheme and/or poor management from the onset. I’ve read articles about the reasons behind why the ramp fell short of the expected development, not to mention extra planned proposals, and the whole deal of getting this lake passed through the voters of Hemet and so have others.

By my inside info fees are, $7 entrance, $12 boat launch, and $3 fishing access permit. Add on another $3 for the tag and by my calculator that’s $25 for a day at the JEWEL. The Annual Pass went from $225 to $450. I paid $450 for my annual pass and they still want another $6 per day when I hit the lake. So what figures are you using? I’ll take the $13 fee if you put it in writing.

So, please don’t use the political talk when they feed us spam and swear to us that they paid filet mignon prices.
    Last edited by ShellBack USNRET; 09-26-2011 at 09:02 PM.

don't worry. I'm not a political mole or the MWD employees..although, I wish I am. Big bucks job, and nearly impossible to get in. I'm with you on the straight spelling out of the fees. Rather than running around with the banters about new products for park's services, just say it straight out, fees are increased. Pay to use, or just stay away. By the way, the fishing license may, and the key word is may, increase another $25 down the pipeline from all the crazy budget discussion up in Sacramento. So, by next year, we may be spending $100 for our fishing licenses, with stamps and all.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12