the only reason this post has been posted in the "DVL" forum is because i feel that a broad range of our customer base visits this forum in specific.

ive recently got "word", true or not, that fisherman are looking at me in a different light. customer service and service to be specific. ive been working in the fishing industry my whole life and take pride in everything related to fishing. the last thing i would like to happen is for fisherman to think of me different and lose your support or confidence in all things related. as always, customers come first and my "bite" comes second.

through public forum i feel this is a way for you to voice your opinions or concerns without having to make yourselves "known" or avoid confrontation.

id rather have someone say something direct than keep it inside and never make a problem known. please feel free to PM me regarding a problem or solution you may have or call the shop at (951) 658-7410. i take pride in my customer service abilities and would like to find a way to better a problem if any should happen to arise.

as always, i value your support and business.
Matt