Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: 10-11-11 report

Default 10-11-11 report

Got on the water about 0730..line was real slow today..Went down to the buoys and saw a few fish being caught..Was not really feeling it there so went and anchored up a little deeper..Pretty good pick all day and a few doubles here and there. Biggest was 10.5 lbs next was 8.6 and a few more that were in the 6 or 7 pound range..Lost what I think may have been a nice one while I was passing off some bait to the guys next to me.. Kept a limit and gave 5 more to those same guys who were having a tough time of it today..Let 5 or more go to be caught another day..Good fishing for sure

Lots of algae bloom in the after noon

Nice haul man. I was out on Monday doing the trolling thing we picked off a few here and there all off the points in 60+', that algae was pretty thick in some areas by the rock quarry. Again, thanks for sharing glad you
    limited out with some plumpers..See you out there..

To D- Great report with pics. It's great to see such healthy stripers with strong shoulders. Good indication that they're feeding well. Algae bloom is like fishing in Chinese egg soup! Keep up the good work and nailing those big boys.
    Barry

good job dixon ,how deep were you anchored,some of my friends have been out in front of the saddle dam ,one drops it at 120, the other has been fishing 200 ft,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,s/o,,,,,,,,,,

Right in between those depths for me..