Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Rush Creek holy cow!

I've always thought Rush should be single barbless, catch and release only, early and late in the season. Rush Creek gets pounded already in peak Summer months. It's not a secret place with a highway 100 feet away in spots. That creek has been fished longer than we have been on the planet. Don't be sad, it will be ok. I think some spawning regs. are in order though. I'll check this weekend. I bet I'll have my spots to myself.

Right with ya sierraslam I honestly thought it was tell I went into ernies tackle and he told me the regs. That's the way I fished it tho and all my fish got put back its a shame about the full stringers but fishing report or not so many people visit the loop to fish every year this place isn't a secret I wasn't told exactly where to fish it I worked it all the way up from grant about a half a mile! In the snow as well most people I know wouldn't fish in 15 degree snowing weather. There honestly wasn't a huge crowd there and and I didn't see people catching a ton because its a tough spot to fish!
    Last edited by Matt44; 11-09-2011 at 09:05 AM.

Sounds like 40 or more large browns got taken just recently from your "spot." Must not be that tough to fish.

So much for hotspotting, eh?

John
    Last edited by John Harper; 11-09-2011 at 09:39 AM.

I like how you refer to it as "our spot" I didn't do anything wrong I released every fish I caught I posted a report quit crying and get out there and fish!

Hey SierraSlam. I agree. Many other systems where trout come to spawn are seasonally restricted so I've always wondered why Rush isn't on that list too. You have the Upper Owens, McGee Greek, Lower Convict, Lower Rush, and Upper Twin lakes in Bridgeport for the Kokanee spawn to name a few. The Brownies just don't get any love.

Quote Originally Posted by sierraslam View Post
    I've always thought Rush should be single barbless, catch and release only, early and late in the season. Rush Creek gets pounded already in peak Summer months. It's not a secret place with a highway 100 feet away in spots. That creek has been fished longer than we have been on the planet. Don't be sad, it will be ok. I think some spawning regs. are in order though. I'll check this weekend. I bet I'll have my spots to myself.

Why would I shed a tear? It's not my "spot" getting wiped out by the lurkers, just yours.

John

Guys taking 25 fish and 15 fish the next day befor my report was even started so like I said quit bitchin I caught fish all along rush creek and released them its too bad others don't have the common sense

Well, like they say, "common sense is not very common."

John

23 posts really guy maybe your a lurker

No need to get personal. I did not know there was a "number" I had to hit to meet your standards.

John

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast