Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Rush Creek holy cow!

you obviously don't post up reports so why are you on this site so you can lurk and find out where all the hot bites are right...I can care less about you or anyone else I fish because I love it and im addicted!

Hey Matt. Don't worry about this guy. His concerns and notions are valid but his rants are misdirected. You did no wrong in my book. You killed it, CPR'd, showed respect for the fishery, contributed a nice report without revealing too much info both in your words and pics, and had a great time doing it. What wrong with that? In my opinion, those who already been to the spot, know where you were at and those who haven't are still left wondering where you were.

Quote Originally Posted by RiverWalker View Post
    Hey EndlessSeasons. Rush creek is one of the most beautiful creeks in the Eastern Sierras! In my opinion it is at least. It could be productive throughout the entire stretch between Silver Lake and Grant Lake. The Brownies are not just in that area that myself, Matt, and Fishnlic have mentioned so you should locate any pull out on the side of the road to park and just hit it! Lots of nice Bows in there too!
    Cool, thanks I appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by sierraslam View Post
    I've always thought Rush should be single barbless, catch and release only, early and late in the season. Rush Creek gets pounded already in peak Summer months. It's not a secret place with a highway 100 feet away in spots. That creek has been fished longer than we have been on the planet. Don't be sad, it will be ok. I think some spawning regs. are in order though. I'll check this weekend. I bet I'll have my spots to myself.
    I'm right there with you guys on the special reg's piece, especially during the closer..... It is sad that many catch and keep these fish during spawning season, however, as long as they're within there legal limits it is fine.... Most of the fish I caught had already spawned which is also a good thing... if anything a 2 fish limit for this spot would help this fishery..... just my thoughts

Default Great idea

Fishnlic, that's a great idea. Let's get a bunch of us together and submit a proposal. Matt and others are right on, most people won't go out and fish in those late season conditions (too cold, too wet, etc) but those of us that do won't mind the regs to keep the fishery healthy. This is why I love the EWR! Rush is quite a gem and I've fished it since I was a kid, but some late season regs would be ideal!

After we get that done, I want to band everyone together to reopen Haiwee Reservoir, the best lake in the state for float tubing!

THEY SHOULD JUST SHUT IT DOWN FOR SPAWNING ,LIKE THE AREA ABOVE CROWLEY WERE THE LAKE FISH CAN SPAWN AND THEN GO BACK TO THE LAKE, DO THE SAME FOR THE FISH COMING OUT OF GRANT.THE GUYS KILLING THE BIG BROWNS ARE NOT IN THE CREEK THERE IN THE GRANT LAKE KILLING THE BIG ONES ,I KNOW SOMW ONE THAT DOES IT ALL THE TIME THEY DONT BRAKE THE LAWS BUT THEY KILL THEM OVER AND OVER ,THRU THE YEARS,I TRY TO TALK SENSE TO THEM BUT THEY WONT LISTEN. I GET MY KILLING OUT ON THE STRIPERS DOWN HERE AND ALWAYS DO THE C AND R IN THE SIERRAS. MATT MAY BE DOING REPORTS WITH NO LAND MARKS OR SPECIFICS MIGHT HELP YOU, OTHER WISE THE HATERS COME OUT OF THE WOOD WORK HATING ON EVERYTHING, AND WHEN THEY CRY THE MOST THEY LURK THE MOST.,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,,,

I would like to see all catch and release for rush with special regs! There's 4 lakes in the loop with stocker rainbows buy some powerbait and go catch some dinner throw the wild ones back!

I agree there should be some special regs for spawn time at Rush, Grant is a wonderful fishery and should be protected, great post and report!

Nicely done, Matt...As far as the guy carrying a stringer full of Brown's out, I would have blown a gasket. Ignorant people shouldn't be allowed to fish the Sierras. Sad, really...

Gotta say all the talk here leading up to the closing weekend, I thought there would be a ton of people. The creek fished well as I was on various parts of it Thurs afternoon, Fri all morning and Sat afternoon. There were people, but nothing in the way of a massive crowd. Sadly, no brownies for me out of the creek, but stuck a couple on Grant yesterday afternoon. All released to live another day. Heard of a 8.7 brown out of Gull on Friday but that was it in regards of big fish. Another good trip with my bro and buddies so that makes up for the lack of big fish this weekend.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast