Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First striper over 20 for me this year

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default First striper over 20 for me this year

Fished DVL for 2 hrs before work with some friends and had an awesome bite! One of my buddys was using a jointed Z-plug and nailed a 6 lbs LMB first cast and then 10 min later a nice striper. Other buddy was using a bbz and getting swirled on like crazy but nothing committed. I was throwing a Hud. with no success so switched to a plunker and started getting follow-ups. Stuck with it and got nailed hard! This fish almost spooled me and actually got tangled in a guys line that was bait fishing across the cove. He ran to his pole to set the hook when my fish got wrapped in his line and i yelled to him that i was hooked up with a striper and to free spool it which thankfully he did. Anyways, Landed the fish with another smaller model and called it a morning. Having a fish fry so these ones were kept. Its been awhile since ive caught a 20+ lbr.... Nice to see something larger than the cookie cutter 12 lbrs.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG1061.jpg 
Views:	599 
Size:	101.2 KB 
ID:	33839   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG1054.jpg 
Views:	499 
Size:	104.1 KB 
ID:	33840   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG1049.jpg 
Views:	584 
Size:	91.8 KB 
ID:	33838   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG1047.jpg 
Views:	527 
Size:	92.0 KB 
ID:	33837  
    Last edited by SEA ADDICTION; 11-10-2011 at 06:33 AM.

NICE KILL S/A,,,,,,,,,,,,I HOPE 30LBER AND TACO-EDDIE DONT SEE IT THEY MIGHT CRY ABOUT YOU SLAYIN A PIG,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,,,,,,

That thing is solid! From shore! Very nice. So you're saying the time has come....sweet. Looking for my first 20 ever! Just got the new swimbait rod. Shimano curado 300 with WC teramar inshore rod. So pumped!

Quote Originally Posted by TroutOnly View Post
    NICE KILL S/A,,,,,,,,,,,,I HOPE 30LBER AND TACO-EDDIE DONT SEE IT THEY MIGHT CRY ABOUT YOU SLAYIN A PIG,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    Hey T/O..... It's been awhile! I release my share of pigs as well as countless 3-12 lbrs so I hope there's no crying!

Nice pig sa! Don't worry about the haters way to do your thing out there and get that first over 20 this year!

Quote Originally Posted by TroutOnly View Post

That must have been a helluva battle! Hoping that striper weather this weekend will get me out of the 8lbs rut I'm in so far this year. Congratulations!

seal where you fishing for striper this weekend? is silverwood back up at all?

awesome! must be fun to see all the fish swirling on your bait.....cant wait to go tomorrow, hopefully i'll get the same kind of luck!

alex.

Quote Originally Posted by kingfish2 View Post
    seal where you fishing for striper this weekend? is silverwood back up at all?
    Yes it's back up not all the way yet but getting there, I'll be out there playing with the fish for sure.

Excellent catch! Congrats.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast