Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Diamond Valley this Sunday!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Diamond Valley this Sunday!

Can't wait to hit DVL this sunday! Going to buy my Calcutta 400te tomorrow and will be throwing the floating TT all day, and a Producer on my curado 300. I was thinking 30lb mono with the TT? Any other thoughts, I dont want to lose it!!! haha. I will be posting a follow up, lets hope there are some pictures!!! Common DD!!!!!!!!!

Tight Lines
    Scott

Stick with the tripple trout and i do believe you will be posting some pics, Im not sure on the floating one though.... Do they actually make a floating tripple trout? Ive only seen and used the sinking ones. Producer worked well for me the other morning. Weather should be perfect striper weather Sunday. Good luck

you're absolutely going to love that reel. ive been fishing the TE 300's and 400's since they came out and i gotta tell you... those reels have balls! there's not another reel on the market that id trust more than a TE. now if daiwa put out a 300 size pluton that would be another story.

stick with the triple and play with either 20# 25# or 30#. let your bait size dictate your line size. there are certain triples that i feel cant be fished on 30# effectively while others i feel you'd be committing suicide fishing 20#.

if that reel is your only swimbait reel in your arsenal, put some braid on it then leader off to some floro. cut the leader and fish the punker/wake bait or leader off and fish the slow sink. best of both worlds.

i run:
    300- 50# braid - small wake
    300- 25# mono - soft baits and hardbaits
    400- 65# braid - punker/lrg wake
    400- 30# mono - lrg hardbaits

SMASH EM DUDE! I WANNA SEE A PICTURE OF A GIANT!!!!

Thanks for the tips guys, I'm only throwing the TT and Punker all day! I need to go get some producers. Maybe next payday, I spent PLENTY this weekend.

If you can get a seducer, 9 inch, better action
    fill the rel with p line 30 cxx
    or p line cx premium 25#
    at strike, let the rod load up, and reel like a mad man
    to bring the fish skipping on top
    good luck
    Last edited by eddiefishtaco; 11-12-2011 at 11:04 PM.