Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Lower Lake float tube derby at Castaic

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Lower Lake float tube derby at Castaic

Good to see the site back up, everything gone since November, that's tuff! Well then, lemme put out the reminder again about the lagoon float tube derby, April 14th and June 2nd. Info and entry forms can be found at castaiclake.com, should be lots o' fun as always!! Just a nice friendly reminder too about the clean and dry issue. We are not as boneheaded as the Casitas folks, we have a very common sense inspection at Castaic. Fact is, if you pre fish the day before, you aint gonna be clean and dry by the next morning and since we launch at a slightly different location for the derby, be sure to bring your parking tag or some other evidence you were at the lake the day before the derby. So, if ya still got wetness, who cares, you are good to go! Any questions, ask away please!!

what's the payout?

$10 goes to a big fish, three way payout. The rest goes to the Friends of Castaic Lake, to support the many programs such as Jr Lifeguards, and many other projects at the lake. The guys don't come out for the payout, in fact, in all my years of running this event, you are the first one to ask this question. It is a fair question, but it is just the first time I have heard it. We give away tons of product from our sponsors, as well as plaques for 1-5th place, and top three big fish. We also have a free bbq afterwards. If ya want a payout, check out the tourney at the upper lake the same day which cost $155 for a team to enter. We have an excellent core of guys who fish these tube events every year that aint in it for money.

As of right now, we have support from Sport Chalet, Peregrine 250 boat wax, Western outdoor news (Rich Tauber), Don Iovino, Dobyns Rods, JT tackle, Chad at Tackle express, and Team Davies tackle company, along with several other potential sponsors who might be helping out.

I'll be sure to have a try..I love the lake and I know how hard you guys work to keep it clean ,,count me in

I'm in sounds like a great event

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Float tube derby.jpg 
Views:	161 
Size:	46.7 KB 
ID:	34202

Here's the flyer if anyone wants some basic info