Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Dvl 3/24

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

You guys are wrong about the spawn thing... THE BASS ARE ON BEDS...THEY ARE SPAWNING!!!
    I SAW AT LEAST 75 bedfish at the tounament last Saturday...there are ALOT of smaller bass on the beds...BUT there are quite a few Giants on them as well. The tournament was won ON BEDFISH, and 2nd place was also bedfish, 3rd place was bedfish, and I got 6th and they were bedfish... I caught about 20 bedfish...and passed on TONS of beds with sub 3lb bass on them..It got to the point where I started blowing by beds because they didnt ave the size fish I was looking for (4lb+ females)
    And on Friday we saw at least 30 beds and caught about 10 off beds...

All that being said....there will be more bedfish this week and next week than there were last saturday...More and more bass are moving up daily...Its gonna be sick in the next couple days!!!!!
    I actually also randomly caught some POST SPAWN BASS as well....so they are in PRE SPAWN, SPAWN AND POST SPAWN....gotta love it!!! Spring is here fellas!!!!

Pete
    Last edited by Pete Marino; 03-27-2012 at 10:12 AM.

I retract my last post then. I thought the water was still way too cold. Go slay em!!!

oh ok yea thats what i thought. what was the winning weight ?

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Marino View Post
    You guys are wrong about the spawn thing... THE BASS ARE ON BEDS...THEY ARE SPAWNING!!!
    I SAW AT LEAST 75 bedfish at the tounament last Saturday...there are ALOT of smaller bass on the beds...BUT there are quite a few Giants on them as well. The tournament was won ON BEDFISH, and 2nd place was also bedfish, 3rd place was bedfish, and I got 6th and they were bedfish... I caught about 20 bedfish...and passed on TONS of beds with sub 3lb bass on them..It got to the point where I started blowing by beds because they didnt ave the size fish I was looking for (4lb+ females)
    And on Friday we saw at least 30 beds and caught about 10 off beds...

All that being said....there will be more bedfish this week and next week than there were last saturday...More and more bass are moving up daily...Its gonna be sick in the next couple days!!!!!
    I actually also randomly caught some POST SPAWN BASS as well....so they are in PRE SPAWN, SPAWN AND POST SPAWN....gotta love it!!! Spring is here fellas!!!!

Pete
    Hey Pete, what time of fish did you see alot of again? :-P

The 1st place team had 24 lbs with a FAT 7+ lb bedfish as his kicker... 2nd place was 23 lbs with one that almost weighed 10 lbs and another over 6 lbs... My limit was 15lbs and 3 were bedfish of my 5.. I culled alot but couldnt find a giant locked up like the winners did..Thats the way it goes..lol

Mestre...that question didnt make sense?? hahaha damn spell check!! hahaha

The water was 60-62 most of the day...

pete's right. there have been been fish on beds for close to a month and a half now if not a little longer. i caught fish in february on beds. this time of year is funny with tournaments. it doesnt matter who you are, how long you've been fishing, what kind of boat you run or the tackle you utilize. spawn time is anybody's time. all you have to do is find 5 quality fish somewhere around the lake and you have a win. of course its all about if you can make em' bite; that and locating fish others haven't can be the hard part. thats really it. i know of a couple teams had the right size fish located. one in which got them to bite. the others conditions just didnt factor into it.

good job to everyone out there. and good job bellon. heard it was nasty with the fog.

nice! those are some nice bags. yea thanks it was a fun day with the coaches....man i need to fish more ha. i will be with wrestling over now. i think im going to have to hit up skinner next week. try to get my double digit pb