Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: PFD help with a fishcat 4

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default PFD help with a fishcat 4

I am just getting into float tubing. I have never tried it, but when I do I know I will be wearing a PFD. I have read some of the other posts and it sounds like everyone prefers the sospender type PFD over the vests. They are kind of pricey. I just saw this vest at BPS and it is on sale and affordable @ $24.00.http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/st...66#description
    Is anyone else using a vest like this with the mesh ontop? with a fishcat4
    Any information would be appreciated.

I have one of these. http://www.basspro.com/Bass-Pro-Shop...5012133/247315 I prefer one of these because the pockets on the front of a vest seem to get in the way when I move around and fish. That is my experience anyway. The one I use makes me forget all about it when fishing because it is thin and lightweight.

I have one of them... and use it exclusively for float tubing. Works great.

I will admit though... I only wear it while tubing in the salt, and thats only if the water isn't nice. In the freshwater... it stays clipped to one of the d-rings on the side of the tube with a quick release clip and drags around with me.

The one in the above post looks like it would be comfortable enough to wear 24/7 without knowing it is there, which is nice. The one I have is great, and I can't tell it's there much UNTIL I take it off... lol

-Rick
    Last edited by Slick Rick; 03-28-2012 at 05:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by REEL EZ View Post
    I am just getting into float tubing. I have never tried it, but when I do I know I will be wearing a PFD. I have read some of the other posts and it sounds like everyone prefers the sospender type PFD over the vests. They are kind of pricey. I just saw this vest at BPS and it is on sale and affordable @ $24.00.http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/st...66#description
    Is anyone else using a vest like this

with the mesh ontop? with a fishcat4
    Any information would be appreciated.
    Like you l am new to tubing as well. I use a simple pfd vest I bought for about $20. In fact, I have both types, one with mesh and a full padded vest. They do feel bulky but the the nice low profile ones are just too expensive for the added comfort they give you. So far my vest has not prevented me from catching fish.

I appreciate all the feedback.
    I am going to go for the BPS vest first. If everything works out and I like tubing I will go for the sospenders.
    Thanks again.