Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 03-29-12 Report and Lake overview.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfnsnowboard3 View Post
    Interesting point and I respect that. But I've found that I've found MORE fish (maybe not the big ones) when the water level is up. And I'm talking about on the shore/shallow.
    Well congratulations...now go catch a big one!

Although I am not at the level as some of the fishermen here when I first started fishing dvl was when the water level was super low. Where when you headed to the south side of the lake their were so many little coves. The big island by the restrooms was looking like lake perris big island an as a beginner bass fisherman seeing so many fish in the water was a big confidence booster. Imo I loved the fishing when the levels where low.

Quote Originally Posted by one time View Post
    I've fished DVL since it's been opened, and like Greg I purchased a boat just to fish our beloved Diamond Valley. A couple years ago when the water dropped way below launch levels. My new boat was parked at home, but that didn't stop me I spent more on rental fees then I did on the monthly payment for my new boat. With the super low water levels, I had the best bass fishing of my life! Granted there was minimal boat/fishing pressure, but the fishing was crazy good. I must say as far as DVL is concerned I 100% agree with Mr Grover, the Jewel fishes better with a little less water.

Grover, I was out there yesterday too I was parked in front of you in the a.m. As we waited for the gates to be opened
    I found similar results. No jig fish and most on the C-rig. Was that Elvis with you in your boat?
    Here is an easy analogy. Lets say your a trained sniper. Is it easier to hit a target standing in the desert, or one hiding in the trees? Less is best as long as there is ramp to launch. Yes that was Elvis, he is alive and well and loves fishing the Jewel. lol. Rick G.

Thanks for the 411, Rick. Somehow, I'd believe you over someone who thinks fish aren't on beds yet because the water is too cold.

From my experience, I highly doubt there are any "beds" yet. The water is too cold. The spawn hasn't started yet.

Keep up the informative reports Rick and Matt. Guess surfsnow puts more stock in a book written 27 years ago by some unknown author speaking in generalities than he does in an experienced DVL tournament angler involved in the industry for probably that long of a period. BTW Rick, who is this young guy you have on your pro staff now is just slaying the fish at the DVL tournaments lately - 39+ pounds - WOW!

I respectfully disagree. It is common fishing knowledge that higher water equals more cover and fish moving shallower and more fish caught. Lower water equals fish moving deeper and tougher to catch.

http://books.google.com/books?id=Pq5...ed=0CB8Q6AEwAA
    Of course you do that's your MO

Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy View Post
    Of course you do that's your MO
    This was my favorite:

http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/sho...rita-mutilator

It's a joke bro. No such colors.
    sounds so sure of himself too...

Wow it's like that huh. Guess I can't express my opinions. Hell what's the point of a forum then.

Quote Originally Posted by JV View Post
    Keep up the informative reports Rick and Matt. Guess surfsnow puts more stock in a book written 27 years ago by some unknown author speaking in generalities than he does in an experienced DVL tournament angler involved in the industry for probably that long of a period. BTW Rick, who is this young guy you have on your pro staff now is just slaying the fish at the DVL tournaments lately - 39+ pounds - WOW!
    There have been fish on beds there since Feb. There still will be fish on beds there in May as they dont all spawn at once. The big limits that have been caught lately are all sight fish. Now that does not always mean they were on a nest, as they could have been post spawn and still caught. The Team that has been smokin most of the derbys this year is Garrett Lorenzen and Chris Studdinger and they are Pro Staffers from our Lakeside shop. They are very good swimbait fisherman and exellent sight fishermen. They have put in major time on the water this year, and have earned all the success they have garnered. If you see them in the parking lot or on the water, dont be afraid to ask them for a few tips as they are very nice and willing to help at all times. Rick

I agree with Rick, the lake was a lot easier when the water level was down. As far as numbers and size the lower water levels should help. Definitely looking forward to it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast