Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post

Hopefully there aren't any Brian Stow incidents in the parking lot for today's opener.

Go Blue!
I (as everyone here knows) am an evil person - so the following exclamation won't come as any surprise: I HAVE HAD AN ABSOLUTE ARSE-FULL OF THE DEIFICATION OF BRIAN STOWE AND THE VILIFICATION OF THE DODGERS, THEIR FANS AND THE ENTIRE CITY. If this makes me an even rottener person then so be it... it’s the way I feel

To be sure, what happened to Mr. Stowe is a tragedy - a man struck down in his prime, two young children loosing the father they knew forever. It is horrific. However, the deep sorrow of this story has prevented any truthful conversation about the incident.

For days leading up to Opening Day the airwaves and print media were awash in stories that portrayed Mr. Stowe as an almost angelic figure of pure, innocent baseball fandom, “a single orange and black jersey in a sea of blue” as one radio editorial put it - and I’m not making that up. Mr. Stowe, if we are to believe the popular narrative, had nothing but kind intentions and good will as he was, for no reason other than his team colors, singled out and attacked by a complete stranger. For this, we are told, the Dodgers and all their fans are guilty.

I’m sorry Brian Stowe and family, but that’s not right. I’m not saying he deserved what happened but there’s some responsibility for this tragedy that is being deflected.

Just my two cents.