Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PVR (bishop)

Default PVR (bishop)

Last edited by OCfishermen; 04-13-2012 at 08:16 PM.

i think that fish grabbed with a rag likely dies and i am sure you dont want that as you are practicing cpr. Maybe a wet net and the release without the rag grab.

the rag was wet, i always wet it before grabbing them

wet or dry rags will rub the slime coat off the trout and it will die,the coating protects it,,,,get a rubber net and do the trout a favor,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

oh didnt know that, some guys told me a wet rag was fine but thanks for the info

Thanks for posting the vid..glad you guys knocked 'em dead at PVR. Any color or bait suggestions for the folks out there? Did you fish the dam side of the lake or the inlet side?

I don't want to pile on, you wanted to let fish go so they would survive...but the above comments are accurate. Also, those red tools of death work great at both getting hooks out and killing trout. I don't carry them at my resort or marina for that reason. A lot of people mean well when they C&R but practicing C&R in an improper manner usually means dead fish on the lake bottom which isn't any different than dead fish on a stringer. Come late August the evidence of powerbait C&R is very evident at a lot of Sierra lakes including mine.

Quote Originally Posted by sierra_smitty View Post
    a lot of people mean well when they c&r but practicing c&r in an improper manner usually means dead fish on the lake bottom which isn't any different than dead fish on a stringer. Come late august the evidence of powerbait c&r is very evident at a lot of sierra lakes including mine.
    thank you!

thanks im only 16 and i learn as i go but i try to get as much info as i can so thanks for helping and we went to the boat launch and the bite was wide open anything worked but the best was yellow and white balls

and if you say that red thing is pretty much death for them what do you recommend using???

"lot of people mean well when they C&R but practicing C&R in an improper manner usually means dead fish on the lake bottom which isn't any different than dead fish on a stringer" Only 1 small disagreement here. At least the trout on a stringer will get eaten. Unless it goes in freezer, then a dumpster. Maybe it's better to just take your first 5 and go home when fishing bait? When fishing Crawlers you can lip hook, but with dough baits forget about it.
    Last edited by sierraslam; 04-14-2012 at 12:36 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast