Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: opener report for upper lower twin, bridgeport rez, east walker and convict creek!

Default opener report for upper lower twin, bridgeport rez, east walker and convict creek!

Upper twin

Well this trip was an absolute mission and as im typing this report im damn near asleep because i just got home. Got off work at 11 pm friday night had everything ready to go in the old mans truck we got on the road around 1 am and got to bridgeport around 630 am planned to rent a boat at the rez but it was an absolute zoo! From there we headed to upper twin and rented a boat for a half day we started trolling pops had a gold and red bouyant and i was trolling the big baits in hunts for a nice brown started with a 5 in ac plug skinny the bouyant was killen all the stockers you wanted even some kokes. Nothing big at all but great action. I continued to troll an assortment of ac plugs in different colors but the browns werent having it. So we anchored up around 10 as it was warmin up and just knocked em dead on worms and bouyants. The inlets were good and right out in front of the marina was a real hot spot. We kept 5 fish as i didnt want any freezer fish and were off the water around noon. Didnt herar of any bigguns.

Lower

After upper we stopped by lower to look around didnt bother fishing as they had quite a few people crowding the shoreline talked to a few people and the fishing seemed really well there too for stocker rainbows. There was also a 6lb brown caught by a troller on a rapala saw it in the freezer and it was a nice fish! By this time i was kickin myself inthe ace for not fishin lower.

East walker

Headed to e dub with my new fly rod and tried my luck nymphing but let me tell ya without a guide and it being my first time i had quite a hard time i think i had a few bites from what i saw of my indicator but i wasnt talented enough to hook em. After about an hour of solid practice i put her down and threw some all gold panther martins (pinched barbs) i hooked one my first cast got him close to shore and it looked about 17 inches and he spit the hook right back at me and that was all she wrote on e dub i was there about a total of an hour and a half.

Bridgport rez (off dam)

Had the baitcaster out and was tossin all the plugs again for a late afternoon bite but all i caught was a shoulder ach there was about 5 or 6 others fishing with nothing happenin for any of us. Guys at kens said it was really hot for trollers early in the morning big fish there were a 4lb bow and a 3 lb brown.

Convict creek

On our way home we pulled into convict to check it out and i thought i fish the creek were the lake spills out. I made about 10 casts with mini jigs and got about 4 stockers. It was easy pickens just too bad i had to work tomorrow or id be up there still.

Nothing caught was worth any pics but most fish were 12 to 15 inches real small i got onego get close to 18 at upper twin though.

Go get em!

Right on Matt..... way to get on some fish... I will be heading up twice beggining next Saturday... gonna do a quick sat-sun deal just fishing lone pine to bishop and than again wed-fri fishing mammoth to Bridgeport... tight lines and full tails

Thanks for the report Matt. My family and I are heading up to Bridgeport at the end of June for 13 days. I can't stand the wait. It's a yearly tradition going on for 50+ years now. What are the water levels like up there?

Lakes are full! And the fish are biting!

Excellent effort on the AC's! Think the weather God's were not in your favor. You must be pretty damn tired, oh to be young.

Congrats!

Very bummed I missed the opener this year. Probably won't see conditions like this again for a long, long time.

Def not seal it was a warm and dry opener im freakin burned! But all inall cant beat sierras for trout fishing! Thanks for the replys guys go out there and get em!

Quote Originally Posted by Matt44 View Post
    Def not seal it was a warm and dry opener im freakin burned! But all inall cant beat sierras for trout fishing! Thanks for the replys guys go out there and get em!
    The weather God's I'm talking about is brownie weather (kind of like striper weather)! Cold front, snow or rain and wind might have been your friend in your brown quest.

I meant the wernt in out favor for sure i woulda much rather had the **** weather for the good brownie bite but no biggie it was still a great opener!

Seems like a nice weekend.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast