Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: opener report for upper lower twin, bridgeport rez, east walker and convict creek!

Thanks for the report Matt! Sounds like a good time. I normally avoid the actual opener for the reasons you mentioned. Too crowded plus many lakes in the upper elevations are usually still frozen. I'll be up there soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by RiverWalker View Post
    Thanks for the report Matt! Sounds like a good time. I normally avoid the actual opener for the reasons you mentioned. Too crowded plus many lakes in the upper elevations are usually still frozen. I'll be up there soon enough.
    Sorry bro...but missing the opener...especially with conditions like this year...for the reasons you stated...is like saying "I don't bag the hot chicks until everyone else has had a shot at them"

i would much rather fish in shittier weather for the opener it usually means better fishing for the prized browns. The heat slowed things down quite a bit wernt the ideal conditions id prefer but everyone has there prefences. Ill be up when the next storm hits im sure theres still one or two more up there! Last year i didnt make the opener but i went up two weeks later first day was 80 degrees second day it snowed i love it haha.

Quote Originally Posted by SierraPeaks View Post
    Sorry bro...but missing the opener...especially with conditions like this year...for the reasons you stated...is like saying "I don't bag the hot chicks until everyone else has had a shot at them"
    ...having an asthma attack lmao

Way to stick out the crowds and get on some fish matt...sounds like u hit the right spots on your trophy quest tho...thats what keeps us coming back... I commend you on the effort... thanks for the report but c'mon where the pics lol...cant wait till next week!!!
    Last edited by Piss on Myspace; 04-30-2012 at 03:01 AM.

Next trip ill take some i only had the day so i didnt want to waist any time made a great day out of it if i got a monster or some brownies i woulda took a photo ....there was a 8 pound 9 punce bow caught at lower twin tosay

Yeah no worries, just f'n with ya cuz im feigning to get up there...so no brownies this trip? And i hear you bout the edub, she can be a real biatch if u dont know what ur doing...im startin to get into the fly as well, had to pay my dues there last year...1 hour for 1 stocker on a streamer...cant wait for the redemption!!!

WAY TO SLAY MATT,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

hahaha. That's pretty funny Sierrapeaks. Yes I agree the opener conditions were primed this season but my opportunities for the opener/near opener are limited now so I would much rather go a little later and wait for more water to be accessible. I would love to go every weekend from the time it opens like in the past but having a wife and 3 kids now eliminates that option for me. I look at it a little differently though. I would would rather bag the hot chicks without being shoulder to shoulder with tons of guys in a **** fest gripping their rods! =) There will be plenty of hot chicks still waiting to play when I get there in a few weeks! Having said that, I would of still loved to be there then here!

Quote Originally Posted by SierraPeaks View Post

Hey Matt. How long are you going to be up there? Where else are you planning to hit?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt44 View Post
    Next trip ill take some i only had the day so i didnt want to waist any time made a great day out of it if i got a monster or some brownies i woulda took a photo ....there was a 8 pound 9 punce bow caught at lower twin tosay

Quote Originally Posted by RiverWalker View Post
    hahaha. That's pretty funny Sierrapeaks. Yes I agree the opener conditions were primed this season but my opportunities for the opener/near opener are limited now so I would much rather go a little later and wait for more water to be accessible. I would love to go every weekend from the time it opens like in the past but having a wife and 3 kids now eliminates that option for me. I look at it a little differently though. I would would rather bag the hot chicks without being shoulder to shoulder with tons of guys in a **** fest gripping their rods! =) There will be plenty of hot chicks still waiting to play when I get there in a few weeks! Having said that, I would of still loved to be there then here!

LMAO...great comeback :) I'd be there every weekend (and many weekdays) too...if I was financially able.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast