Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Large-Mouth Help

Got it...Thanks

Matt, you're the man. I've heard it from you before many times, but every time I hear your advice, it makes me think more, and gives me more confidence. Gonna pound it next week!

Just to let you know there is a turnament Saturday. So your going to be fishing heavily used water. With that being said slow down all of your techniques. If you think your fishing to fast you need to slow down. I would have a drop shot and senko tied on all day. Try to find the tree line and fish parrell to it.. Just my 2 cents.

or go deeper

Once again, great advice and info given by Matt and HW.....

Thanx for sharing guys!

Matt pretty much set you on the right path, but the bottom line is ... you can't catch fish from your computer no matter how hard you try. Period!
    You just gotta get out there and put time in. Different days change things drastically at DVL. Some days you can catch them with anything and others only 1-2 things go with some knowledge, but don't be afraid to put out something you might not be hearing anyone talk about, but that you are comfortable with and try it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt_Magnone View Post
    or go deeper

This is one thing I think people don't grasp about Diamond, that you can catch bass at 50-60' or sometimes more in the middle of summer. Bass evolve to their environment and fishing “deep” is a relative term that fishermen seem to limit themselves with.

DVL_local

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12