fished long and hard today for a slow pick...wind was blowing 10 to 15 when got to the lake but luckily the wind died around 10 and never did pick up the rest of the day. we gave it our all today as we went back and forth from leighton springs all the way to alligator point. we fished the same 14 to 16 ft depths as we did in mcgee and caught a few trout but the fishing was really slow. my dad and i caught 5 rainbows between 745 and 10 am. at 11 we decided to kick in and head back to mcgee since fishing sucked. while kicking in i picked of 4 fish in 5 casts while fishing 8 to 10 ft of water. we ended up staying and picked off fish in flurries, working the shallower areas. i think my dad said he caught 13 or 14 and i ended up getting 15 to 20 fish. had a lot of short bites and pulled hooks. the wind never did pick back up and fished till 330. what a long day as the only time we stopped kicking was to take a piss.

what happened to all the float tubers? ive been tubing crowley for 20 years and this weekend at both mcgee and leighton springs area we only saw 3 other guys out there in tubes. back in the day there were tubers everywhere.