Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: A new member of the fishing world

Default A new member of the fishing world

Last week I finished a final exam early and decided to hit up the jewel in hopes on getting a piece of this "hot" action. I decided it was time to bring my little one with me and expose him to this great passion known as bass fishing. With my younger brother along, we rented a decked out bass-tracker and hit our favorite lake. The weather sucked, the fishing wasn't as great as expected, but most importantly, my 4 year old had the time of his life.

Right away we targeted an area where stripers were eating trout, hoping that my TT would get hammered. I did get one to commit, but he missed the hooks. My little one had something large eat his senko at this same spot, causing the fish to simply rip out 10lb line from his Toy Story pole like no tomorrow and just snapping it off clean...could have been one of those hungry striper.

After that, we tried many spots using the typical setups catching about a dozen dinks. All in all, the experience was a good one. I'm looking forward to the days where him and I tag-team a tournament and land nothing but donkeys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKiyk6W7Ty4
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo-6.jpg 
Views:	225 
Size:	44.9 KB 
ID:	35034Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo-7.jpg 
Views:	242 
Size:	57.3 KB 
ID:	35033

thats great! these memories will last!

sounds like a real nice time, but where did you rent that boat from?

Quote Originally Posted by wirelessbass View Post
    sounds like a real nice time, but where did you rent that boat from?
    Lol, nice! The guy that caught the record striper also rents out a basstracker with all the fixens like the Basstaxi. He has the structure scanners and all that and I believe Riverside tried that one. Sounded like a fun day!

Default Video...

I just now saw the video...........was that from your phone? Picture was clean!

The best times....had me laughing.."slow down slow down slow down..faster faster faster...slow down slow down slow down...faster faster faster..." lol

toy story pole always catches monsters... kool report glad u guys got on fish

Thanks everyone for the kind comments. Regarding the rental, you can find the information on craigslist. The owner of the boat is Nhan, the guy who recently caught the lake record striper. Super cool dude, and that boat is dialed in.

Way to put the boy on some fish! Cant wait til my boy is old enough to take out....

You'll hang that biggun next time no doubt!