Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: morning run 5/6/12

Default morning run 5/6/12

hit the lake til 9:30. bite was a little funky. ended up with a small limit around 14/15 pounds. bite never materialized. fish were holding on the same types of structure id been fishing for a month now but were in that "i stayed up late and ate junkfood all night under the full moon" mood. they were REALLY temperamental. i had to burn the bank and if i got a fish i had to leave and come back in a few. fish wouldnt let me sit in one spot for long periods of time. all my fish were caught out of 35-40' on main lake points. the lake changed DRASTICALLY for me since last tuesday. water almost looked as if it came up a little. coulda been my eyes though.

my dad and brother came and picked the boat up from me at the shop and hit the PM bite. they had a dozen fish to 4 pounds on the deep bite as well. north shore type stuff. parallel and downhill.

overall, the lake is biting but its definitely a grind for the bigger fish. granted i was off at 9:30, i still had to work my butt off for what i got today and there wasnt really any size there. could have picked up the texas rig or senko and banged em but wanted to focus on some new stuff.

good luck.

jigs and c-rig?

Thanks for the report Matt. As usual, we're going out Tuesday, hopefully it'll be a little darker at night by then. Last night was so bright it might as well have been daylight. Haha, I bet the Ninja's killed em last night...

Same deal up here Matt. Overall size down the last few days, fish acting "funny". Still catching in the same areas but not the same volume either. Also faint hearted bites, not really wanting to eat the bait. I'm thinkin' super moon's suck. Another couple days and I think it will return to normal.

Time to start hitting the stripers Matt!
    Catch REAL fish like you used to hahaha.

I think they let in alot of water. Just enough to get the fish in what I call the "tweener mode".....in between i'm not eating and i'm lethargic.........

thanks for the report dude and the water has definetly gone up quite a bit from a few weeks ago

yeah i think it was both the water and the moon for sure. oh well, no matter how much you think you "know" that lake; she'll always humble you just when you get a little too sure of yourself! haha.