Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bishop Creek Drainage 05/04/12 (Picture Heavy)

Quote Originally Posted by mjc89 View Post
    Awsome pics. Were all the fish caught on flys?
    Yup, switched to fly and bubble a year or so back and haven't looked back. I have attempted to use my fly rod from time to time, but that is tough for me when I'm lake side. Some waters are easier for my spin setup until I get better with my fly rod.

Thanks for the reports and pic's,here i am at work computer fishing couldnt make it up there yet.

Great report and pictures thanks. I'll be up there in 12 days hoping to get into some fish as well. How long do you usually run your leader on that rig? Thanks.
    Last edited by kenny8308; 05-09-2012 at 07:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kenny8308 View Post
    Great report and pictures thanks. I'll be up there in 12 days hoping to get into some fish as well. How long do you usually run your leader on that rig? Thanks.
    Typically I have a 4-5ft 2# leader for the fly and bubble. Whatever you are comfortable with should work since that is a lot of line dangling on your cast. Depends on the shrubs and trees behind you too.

Sweet that's what I was thinking. I was a little worried since I read like 7-8 foot leader but that seemed a little clumsy to cast. Thanks again for the report.

Absolutely beautiful photos! Looks like you guys had a great time! You are getting me excited about going up there! Thanks for the great report : )

Great story, great fish, great photos. The question is "What camera are you using" the photos are world class.

Quote Originally Posted by DEVOREFLYER View Post
    Great story, great fish, great photos. The question is "What camera are you using" the photos are world class.
    Sadly it was a Canon point and shoot that I threw in my pocket. Nothing fancy at all.

Fly Spinning at it's finest! I like it....Whatever works right?

Quote Originally Posted by FadedOne View Post
    Yup, switched to fly and bubble a year or so back and haven't looked back. I have attempted to use my fly rod from time to time, but that is tough for me when I'm lake side. Some waters are easier for my spin setup until I get better with my fly rod.

Awesome, I hit the opener and hooked up on some nice fish but none a beautiful as yours

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast