Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bishop Creek Drainage 05/04/12 (Picture Heavy)

Great report. The photo of the reflection in North Lake is really nice.

Nice fish and thanks for the report on the bishop drainage area.Those are some very beautiful pictures of the surrounding area.

Spectacular! Thanks for posting all the great pics. Your trip looks like it was the kind dreams are made of.

In my opinion, longer leaders are better to avoid spooking fish with your bobber or indicator. However, if you're planning to use the fly/bobber set up with spinning rod then you would probably need to shorten your leader to the length of your rod at the longest. Otherwise it would be very difficult to land a fish because your bobber would get stopped at the tip and would prevent you from reeling up the fish all the way. If you plan to use a Fly rod, I would say that the most common length of Fly rod people use on a lake for trout would be around 9 foot. hence being able to use a 8 to 10 foot leader/tippet. I hope I'm making sense. =)

Quote Originally Posted by kenny8308 View Post
    Sweet that's what I was thinking. I was a little worried since I read like 7-8 foot leader but that seemed a little clumsy to cast. Thanks again for the report.

Thanks for the info I think ill try about a 6 foot leader since my rod is 7.5ft. It'll be my first time using a bubble fly so hopefully ill get something.

Nicely done Sir!
    Thanks for sharing your trip.

Excellent job on the fish! Those Brookies sure are pretty when they are small. One of the lakes I fish has them in the 19"+ range and they are not nearly as pretty when they get that big.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Mike274 View Post
    Excellent job on the fish! Those Brookies sure are pretty when they are small. One of the lakes I fish has them in the 19"+ range and they are not nearly as pretty when they get that big.

Mike
    Yeah most of these were under 12". Later this year I have some trips planned to hike back a bit and hopefully land a Golden. Can't wait to get back there and get some fishing and pictures taken.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123