Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: McGee Creek-Bridgeport May 9-11

...and yeah, ripping lips on the double rig size 20 midge ....so cool to see that "bobber" opps i mean indicator dip down outta sight lol

Yeah...same thing happened to me at Kirman...hoping for piggy brooks/cutts didnt get one bite...my friend did get a cutt ~3-4lbs quite a walk with the tube and gear.
    Thanks for the great report!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BackReel909 View Post
    Yeah...same thing happened to me at Kirman...hoping for piggy brooks/cutts didnt get one bite...my friend did get a cutt ~3-4lbs quite a walk with the tube and gear.
    Thanks for the great report!!!
    yup, disappointing for sure but a lot better than watching the boob tube or fishing a-holes to elbows on stocked lakes....When where you guys up there?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1554.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	100.0 KB 
ID:	35405

POM ... up a tree retrieving a fly... haha... Good times as always maaang... hopefully October will be better for Kirman

That's pretty funny!

Quote Originally Posted by FSHNLIC View Post

POM ... up a tree retrieving a fly... haha... Good times as always maaang... hopefully October will be better for Kirman

Great report looks and sound like you guys had a blast thats some awesome fishing plus on the fly rod Yeee . thats my next trip with my Fly rod for sure Thanks for the report

Quote Originally Posted by FSHNLIC View Post

hahahaha....i would have done a cool spiderman move if i knew u were taking a picture lol This is what happens when......

A) all you know is how to (somewhat) back cast

B) when you've already lost $25 in flies

C) your too pissed to retie (another double rig) since you just tied one on like 5 f*#@^n minutes before lol...the tiny midge dropper is the "reel" biatch

D) or all of the above and your just paying your dues,,,,,,and thats why i stand before you (in a tree), dues aren't cheap these days....VOTE NO on 29 lol

...too bad you didn't get a picture of that tree bending in half
    Last edited by Piss on Myspace; 05-25-2012 at 03:47 AM.

Wow POM. That's a lot of flies. Well I guess it depends on how much you paid for each fly. If you spent an average of $2 per fly then you didn't lose that many. Still a burn out none the less. Based on what you wrote in A), I take it that you didn't do much 'roll' casting? Roll casting is essential when fishing in brushy streams. It's a really easy cast to learn too and and eliminates any line going behind you when casting forward. It probably would of saved you from losing at least 1/2 of the flies that you lost.

Hey FISHNVIC

I think you need to give the Brownie you caught twice a name...
    Last edited by RiverWalker; 05-25-2012 at 11:25 AM.

Two bucks? I was paying $3-4 on some of the larger buggers / streamers at the last fly shop on the left in bishop...the one built into the tree. Not as many as it seems, still frustrating though...i hear ya on the roll cast, just started workin on it this last trip.

There's a tackle shop in Lee Vining (the only one I can think of) and their flies were $1.25 two years ago and then I found this place...

www.theflystop.com So far, it's the cheapest place I've found. I'm thinking of trying all the places you mentioned with a Tenkara rod this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Piss on Myspace View Post
    Two bucks? I was paying $3-4 on some of the larger buggers / streamers at the last fly shop on the left in bishop...the one built into the tree. Not as many as it seems, still frustrating though...i hear ya on the roll cast, just started workin on it this last trip.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast