Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Bishop Basin 6/7 to 9; FNN Parcher Event

Default Bishop Basin 6/7 to 9; FNN Parcher Event

Just rolled in about an hour ago from Parchers. What a great long weekend! Beautiful weather. Old and new friends. Good food! Cold brews…

Arrived on Wednesday evening after work. Shopped at Vons then a quick bite to eat then to Rodeway Inn.

Left Bishop early Thursday morning and watched the sunrise on my way to Intake 2. Was in my float tube before 6 am and jigged my red power worm for over 20 stockers (standard sized). I got cold after 4 hours and called it a morning. Met Koshaw at Parchers and we were allowed early check in to our cabin. Took a nap then made our dinner – Salmon Bisque, Grilled veggies, BBQ Ribs and Garlic Mashed potatoes. I made enough for 6-8 but we had only 3 to feed. A few brews and I was ready for bed.

Watched the sunrise on the mountains on Friday as I was getting into my tube at Sabrina. Jigged up over 30 stockers, mostly on a pink power worm. Again, nothing of size, just stockers. Good strong breeze all morning which made staying warm challenging. Ate breakfast at the Lodge and chatted with Patti Apted (we were co-workers years ago at Fontana Kaiser). Our Chef did not arrive (had to work) so ate the rib eye special at Bishop Creek Lodge. Good stuff!

Yesterday, watched the sunrise while I tubed South Lake with some wind on the lake. This cranked up to white caps and I stopped around 10. Fished mostly at the rock slide area and pick up 56 standard sized stockers, most on a jigged red power worm along the shore line (about 15-20 feet off the rocks). Fish number 57 (in honor of Team 57 founder -Dana) was a 26 inch, 5 pound Alper which I fought for around 4 minutes on my 2 pound set up. It made 2 initial 30-40 yard run and I kick over to track it down. Before I could get a picture, it jumped out of my small net but was able to measure it on my float tube tape. Next time, I should get my pic then measure. Ate breakfast at Parchers. Enjoyed the FNN dinner Jared put on for us: BBQ tri tip, sweet corn on the cob, baked beans, biscuit followed by Rasberry cobbler with a scoop of ice cream. Delicious!!!

Hope FNN has another event next year. More FNN’er should attend.

-- Greg --

Awesome job out there Greg, sounds like typical South Lake action and a killer time @ Smittys. Big bummer on the Alper! I was hopin to hit SL on Sunday morning on the way home but got a little stomach bug while I was up there and was feelin pretty poopy so I just headed home. Thanks for the report
    Last edited by phishin phool; 06-10-2012 at 09:09 PM. Reason: I can't spell......