Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Wheres the best place to buy a I Pilot

Default Wheres the best place to buy a I Pilot

Hey guy's I am wondering if anyone has recently found a good deal on a Minn Kota I pilot. Not sure which I need for my 2001 18' Tracker Tundra Pobably the 70# (an extra $300.00- $400.00) not sure if the 55# will hold me at anchor in some wind at DVL. Any thoughts?

Thanks

BD

I went the whole Magilla and got the Terrova 80# for my Tracker 175. In windy conditions the spotlock has never really revved up past a 6 or so in correcting my position and that was for a few seconds then back down to a 3 or so. And I got mines at Bass Proshop.

I couldn't find any good deals for my Terrova a few months ago, but I ended up using ebuyersworld.com -- fast free shipping, no tax, and about $20 worth of "points" that you can use on their website. That seemed to be as good as it gets out there. They shipped it quickly and provided good communication as to the order status.

My 55# works fine in keeping my 16' aluminum boat anchored, but just barely if winds get up to 30mph or so. If I had to do it again, I would have definitely bought the 80#. Not only for the increased thrust, but for the 24v system which provides extended battery life. For your boat, I can't imagine going less than the 70# PD/ 80# Terrova, and would even consider the 101# if you could swing it.

Thanks Guy's for the info