Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: pouring your own soft plastics

Default pouring your own soft plastics

Does anyone here pour their own plastics out of molds they either purchaed or made themselves? i'm looking for a particular color grub that isnt made anymore, but I'd like to know if it's easy or messy to pour your own stuff. Anyone have any experience? Just looking for some onput from someone with some experience.

i've dabbled in it a bit.. just havent had the time to really play, but its a lot of fun. I bought a couple molds, but most of my molds i hand make using POP or RTV. Mostly POP cause its so much easier, but kinda messy. Just google it and you'll find tons of information.
    you can probably can buy the grub mold you like and pour it (unless its a really odd custom shape grub), but it also depends on how it looks. multi colors are more difficult and you probably want to do injection molds to make a nice clean grub.

TackleUnderground.com is a great resource for more information.

i checked out tackleunerground and did some research. i think i would be a bit over my head trying to pour my own. Is there anyone out there that pours their own injection molds that could buy from, or does custom work? Just looking for a basic single color grub.

My friend TonyLisa has some nice molds hes been pouring,they work pretty good!send him a pm.he will give u a good deal on some plastics.

thanks for the heads up. I'll give him a pm and go from there.