Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Abu Garcia Black Max don't laugh!!

Default Abu Garcia Black Max don't laugh!!

I picked this reel up paired with a Black Max rod for Real cheap at Sports Chalet for a backup when I have company on the boat. Holy Crap!! This thing casts as far as my Curado 200E or Revo SX for like 1/4 the money!! After I finished fishing today I started playing with this setup. Tried pitching 1/2oz football, throwing a jerkbait, and the adjustments are really effective. It got pretty windy and using the magnetic setting I got it so there was pretty near no chance of a birdsnest. Great for when you have a novice on the boat. OK, it isn't 6 oz. and we'll see how long it will last, but dang! This thing really surprised me.

Default Nothing funny about it

Quote Originally Posted by P.A.W. View Post
    I picked this reel up paired with a Black Max rod for Real cheap at Sports Chalet for a backup when I have company on the boat. Holy Crap!! This thing casts as far as my Curado 200E or Revo SX for like 1/4 the money!! After I finished fishing today I started playing with this setup. Tried pitching 1/2oz football, throwing a jerkbait, and the adjustments are really effective. It got pretty windy and using the magnetic setting I got it so there was pretty near no chance of a birdsnest. Great for when you have a novice on the boat. OK, it isn't 6 oz. and we'll see how long it will last, but dang! This thing really surprised me.
    It's a good reel for the money! I always had a hard time flipping light baits with it but over all a damn good buy. Iv beat the hell out of mine in the harbors, a light cleaning and some oil and it's good to go.