Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Striper King classic a blast! but I had unhappy fishing partners

Default Striper King classic a blast! but I had unhappy fishing partners

This was my first tournament. What a blast and can't wait for next year! I can't believe how good the raffle prizes were Next year I'm buying a ton more tickets which goes to a good place anyway So here's the story: I took what I learned from Bob (Trout Only) and did some trolling after no luck on cut bait at the bouy line. We were trolling through the boat launch area and accidentally crossed into the no fishing zone bouy line, pulled out of there, and ZZingggg!! 6lb. 14 oz!! Now, my boat was not in the no fish zone, but my line may have been, I'm still arguing with my fishing partners about it. I called the marina immediately to find out the boundary lines, confirmed, no fishing inside the white buoys. There was no way in hell I was gonna enter the fish for weigh-in. You can imagine the grief my fishing partners gave me as they announced the prize for what would have been a 4th place fish! $300 in cash +. Besides my friend's disappointment with my decision, it was a great day and and a fun event! Thanks to all for putting this on!!

Quote Originally Posted by ryanbsimmcon View Post
    This was my first tournament. What a blast and can't wait for next year! I can't believe how good the raffle prizes were Next year I'm buying a ton more tickets which goes to a good place anyway So here's the story: I took what I learned from Bob (Trout Only) and did some trolling after no luck on cut bait at the bouy line. We were trolling through the boat launch area and accidentally crossed into the no fishing zone bouy line, pulled out of there, and ZZingggg!! 6lb. 14 oz!! Now, my boat was not in the no fish zone, but my line may have been, I'm still arguing with my fishing partners about it. I called the marina immediately to find out the boundary lines, confirmed, no fishing inside the white buoys. There was no way in hell I was gonna enter the fish for weigh-in. You can imagine the grief my fishing partners gave me as they announced the prize for what would have been a 4th place fish! $300 in cash +. Besides my friend's disappointment with my decision, it was a great day and and a fun event! Thanks to all for putting this on!!
    You honesty is commendable and a rarity in society today. Kudos to you, good karma follows those who do the right thing...

Question though, are you sure you were in the no fishing zone, or the no boat zone. If they were the "no Boat" buoys, you can cast you line over that "line", as long as your boat is past the buoy line...
    Last edited by HawgZWylde; 09-24-2012 at 09:40 AM.

I applaud your integrity! Thanks for keeping it honest.

RYAN THAT WAS A FUNNY LITTLE CONVERSATION WE HAD AND YOU DID WHAT MOST GUYS WOULD NOT HAVE DONE,,,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,,,,,,AND THAT STUFF I TAUGHT YOU DOES WORK,,,,,,,,LOL,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by TroutOnly View Post
    RYAN THAT WAS A FUNNY LITTLE CONVERSATION WE HAD AND YOU DID WHAT MOST GUYS WOULD NOT HAVE DONE,,,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,,,,,,AND THAT STUFF I TAUGHT YOU DOES WORK,,,,,,,,LOL,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,,
    I second...

the respect you just instantly gained is well worth the $300 dollars. Wish more were as honest as you

Good on ya

Ryan, you are an honest fisherman. I'm proud of you.

Good man for not putting that fish up. It was the right call and you sir deserve kudos for it.

Congrats on the nice striper, your integrity will be rewarded 2 fold in the future.

TD

Default From the Striper King Classic Tournament Director

To Ryan- Thank you for being so honest at your first fishing tournament. You have set a great example for other angler's on this site, some that have never fished in a tournament and others that are seasoned veterans. For the next Striper King Classic event, I would like to extend a complimentary ticket for you and a special sponsor bag similar to the one's we gave out at the Super Raffle. Please PM me with your contact information and I'll answer any questions or concerns. Thanks again and I want to thank you for entering our tournament. I'm really glad you had a good experience!
    Barry

WOW! Thank You All for the good words and most of all making me feel part of a community. Thank you Barry for the kind offer and a great event!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast