Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: so i hear there's a slight algae bloom.

Quote Originally Posted by darknight63 View Post
    Was there on Wednesday, the algew bloom was in full efect, did have one of my best days at the jewel, boated over 20 bass with the best 4 over 3pounds, rest were 1 to 2 pounds, but took Matt's advice from his threads, i would study and work different, but if no bites would keep moving along, I had a bad habbit of sticking to a area too long, but no more...looking ahead to my next chance to get out for the day...
    glad to have helped in motivating you to fish a little different. i promise you that if you "go fresh" every day you'll catch way more fish and learn a lot more about the species. fishing is absolutely awesome right now and im really surprised not that many people are taking advantage of it. good job out there man!

always keep in the back of your head THERE"S ALWAYS A WIDE OPEN BITE SOMEWHERE ON DVL. if you do this and never settle for the fish that you do catch; you'll see your numbers and size sky rocket. never let the lake defeat you. there's never a piss poor day on the lake. yes it can be tougher, but the fish still have to eat. its just a matter of listening to mother nature and diving in headfirst to try and understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt_Magnone View Post
    glad to have helped in motivating you to fish a little different. i promise you that if you "go fresh" every day you'll catch way more fish and learn a lot more about the species. fishing is absolutely awesome right now and im really surprised not that many people are taking advantage of it. good job out there man!

always keep in the back of your head THERE"S ALWAYS A WIDE OPEN BITE SOMEWHERE ON DVL. if you do this and never settle for the fish that you do catch; you'll see your numbers and size sky rocket. never let the lake defeat you. there's never a piss poor day on the lake. yes it can be tougher, but the fish still have to eat. its just a matter of listening to mother nature and diving in headfirst to try and understand.
    Did the bloom kick it up again? Going Tuesday and with limited space in mind, I'm putting together my techniques for the day...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12