Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Baseball gods just weighed in on the Nationals handling of the Strasburg baby

Default Baseball gods just weighed in on the Nationals handling of the Strasburg baby

LMAO,, bottom of the ninth still to go but stick a fork in em!!!!

Atleast Strasburg will be ready next spring! LMAO.... RIZZO to be fired asap? hahahaha

Fans should be pisst

Quote Originally Posted by cutbait View Post
    LMAO,, bottom of the ninth still to go but stick a fork in em!!!!

Atleast Strasburg will be ready next spring! LMAO.... RIZZO to be fired asap? hahahaha

Fans should be pisst
    What does shutting down Strasburg have to do with Drew Storen blowing a save?

I don't quite get the connection.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    What does shutting down Strasburg have to do with Drew Storen blowing a save?

I don't quite get the connection.
    You have no concept of divine intervention???

Despite your short comings I find it hard to believe you didn't see the connection

You have no concept of divine intervention???
    I fully understand the concept, but don't really believe in "miracles perceived to be caused by a Deity's active involvement in the human world," and frankly, this is baseball we're talking about, not the Immaculate Conception.

And on a side note, considering what Rizzo has done to that team, AND their farm club, I don't think he'll be showed the door anytime soon.

Despite your short comings I find it hard to believe you didn't see the connection

Enlighten me.

Please explain this 'divine' connection.

All i saw was a closer blowing a 2 run lead in the 9th. Nothing more, nothing less.

You know exactly the point of the post, I do not need to "elaborate" further

TROLL on!

You know exactly the point of the post, I do not need to "elaborate" further

TROLL on!
    I *honestly* don't know the point. You seem to be connecting the shutting of Strasburg down, directly to the loss in Game 5, and doing so by calling it "Divine Intervention?"

I simply asked for you to explain the connection that you made, which should be fairly simple, right?

Strasburg, a kid, threw like gash in his last start... I'm just sayin' the potential for an even worse disaster was definitely there.

(And why didn't anyone pipe up when the same was done with Jordan Zimmerman?)

And oh, God only thinks about Tebow.

Quote Originally Posted by City Dad View Post
    Strasburg, a kid, threw like gash in his last start... I'm just sayin' the potential for an even worse disaster was definitely there.

(And why didn't anyone pipe up when the same was done with Jordan Zimmerman?)
    Because it negated their current argument and made it sound hypocritical perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by City Dad View Post
    And oh, God only thinks about Tebow.
    Remember the threads where people actually thought Tebow was an NFL starting caliber QB?! Ahh, seems so long ago, but it's only been 9 months. I can't wait for that guy to go the route of Ken Dorsey and we don't have to listen to his name ever again.