Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Catfishing DVL in December

Default Catfishing DVL in December

It's been a while since Trolly and I have been able to get out to DVL and chase the catfish so we decided to make the run out there and see what we could find. After a few PM's from GdHkSet1 and some conversation about the lake and the catfish bite we decided to meet up and see what we could come up with.

I was looking forward to getting back out to DVL not only to chase catfish but to get more comfortable with the boat and try to learn a little more about my fish finder and see if I could figure out the best settings. Still can't figure that thing out.

Anyway, Trolly and I got on the water around 8:00am and headed across the lake to meet up with GdHkSet and his buddy Dale who were already anchored down and had some bait soaking. We dropped of some fresh mack that Trolly picked up the night before and found us a spot that looked pretty good.
    After about 45min I got my first run but by the time I got to the rod it was gone. A few minutes later I had another run that ended up the same as the first and would be the last for me.

It wasn't long after that we saw that Dale was hooked up and brought a nice channel cat that was in the 9lb range to the net. Things were starting to look a little better now and Trolly didn't take long to hook up with a channel cat of his own that was also in the 9lb range. Trolly was able to get another one a little later in the day that was just about the same size. Not a bite you would call wide open but it's always cool to spend a day on the lake with good friends.

Vince, it was good to see you out at the lake again and thanks for all the information. I'm looking forward to meeting up with you again.

Dale it was good to meet you and congrats on the channel cat!

GdHkSet1 and Dale........

Trolly, loves the smell of mackerel in the morning.........

Trolly with a couple for the cooler......

Great catch guys , its like winter time and you ALWAYS hook up . Perfect time to be on the water with the fall weather in the air . Vince is a die hard cat guy himself forsure . Pontoon , were you guys fishing in trollies newer boat or did you get a new boat ? I see twin motors on that rig . Ive been wanting to get out to DVL myself but its duck season and Iam coming out in a couple of weeks , see you guys there sometime .// db

NO cats are safe....ANYWHERE in So Cal!

Thanks for the report Terry, happy holidays Team Trolltoon!

TD

Quote Originally Posted by diamondbear View Post
    Great catch guys , its like winter time and you ALWAYS hook up . Perfect time to be on the water with the fall weather in the air . Vince is a die hard cat guy himself forsure . Pontoon , were you guys fishing in trollies newer boat or did you get a new boat ? I see twin motors on that rig . Ive been wanting to get out to DVL myself but its duck season and Iam coming out in a couple of weeks , see you guys there sometime .// db
    Steve,

I've been wanting to get back out to DVL for some catfish and after talking with Vince I found out you guys are both hooked on the catfishing at the Jewel. When Vince said he was going to be out there Saturday Trolly and I jumped at the invitation to fish with him. I hope to cross paths out there with you sometime soon. I'm sure Trolly will want to know if you have any more of your deer jerkey.
    Actually, after fulfilling several obligations I was able to get a boat of my own.........I was thinking of naming it "No more Tuition".......or something to that effect. It looks just like Trolly but with a little more room.

Quote Originally Posted by troutdog View Post
    NO cats are safe....ANYWHERE in So Cal!

Thanks for the report Terry, happy holidays Team Trolltoon!

TD
    Aaron,

They were safe from me it was just Mayhem, er I mean Trolly they had to watch out for.

You have a Great Holiday Season yourself Aaron and I'm sure I'll see you at the Vine.

Default Nice Day in DEC

Terry,
    What a nice DEC day to be on the water catfishing in shorts having a blast with friends. Dale
    and I really appreciated the fresh mack you and Chris shared with us, it really made the difference!
    I had two good runs. Dale got a nice one and he got a few more runs. That whole area is productive
    so many other ledges to try. Got some pics of you guys, that Lund Boat of yours is a killer rig, keep using
    that Lowrance, you'll get it down. Look fwd to another trip with you guys.

Legends landing a Cat

Double D with his channel

Trolly all smiles and meow's

Pontoon repelling boarders:

Quote Originally Posted by GdHkSet1 View Post
    Terry,
    What a nice DEC day to be on the water catfishing in shorts having a blast with friends. Dale
    and I really appreciated the fresh mack you and Chris shared with us, it really made the difference!
    I had two good runs. Dale got a nice one and he got a few more runs. That whole area is productive
    so many other ledges to try. Got some pics of you guys, that Lund Boat of yours is a killer rig, keep using
    that Lowrance, you'll get it down. Look fwd to another trip with you guys.
    Vince,

It definitely was a good day on the water, good friends and great weather. I appreciated having the opportunity to fish the lake with you again and meeting Dale. We're glad you guys were able to put the fresh mack to good use and I appreciated you sharing the information and we will definitely look forward to fishing the Jewel with you again. There's a lot of lake left to fish and search for the whiskerfish.

I'm glad you liked the boat. Every time we take that boat out I learn something new and I'm going to figure that finder out sooner or later!

Thanks for the pictures and reply!
    Last edited by PONTOON; 12-09-2012 at 09:38 PM.

Great report Terry.See you and Chris at the Vine soon.If not before the New year Happy New Year

Quote Originally Posted by Hometown View Post
    Great report Terry.See you and Chris at the Vine soon.If not before the New year Happy New Year
    Mark, Thanks for the reply!

We'll be back at the Vine. But, if I don't see you before, I hope you have a Great Christmas and Happy New Year.

congrats on the catches guys....U know U earn each one : )

Nice work..

We gotta get the boys together again soon for another of those kitty trips.....me thinks those fatty's will open their lock jaws soon....

those deep rocky drops.....I can smell them already : )

I'll give ya a call sometime soon : )

NAgain congrats on the nice feesh : )

Gary

Crack kills trolly! (Last pic)

I threw up in my mouth at that pic!

Nice work on the kitties. You need to bring the big boat up here at bv with trail blazer and I and play with the big blues!

80 lbets should go down easy with your guys skill

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast