Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fishing Breathable waders

Quote Originally Posted by Gu3rra_c View Post
    (don’t wear skinny jeans)
    you're missing out bro.

there's nothing like the feeling of your walnuts being compressed to make you feel like a real man.

but like everyone has mentioned, looser is the way to go. in the cold, i'll wear under armour cold gear leggings underneath. when it's warm, i'll use my scooby doo chonis. if i had the cash, i'd invest in Simms waders. but I lucked out and got some Hodgeman's on sale.

Here's my $0.02, I've been surf fish'n apx 2 years now at least once a week. Have been using a pair of Hodgeman Weir breathable stockingfoot waders. They r great as far as keep,n dry. The only issue, as someone else has already mentioned, is keep'n the sand out of whatever booty's u wear over the neoprene stockingfoot. I've spent more $ on various booty's then on the waders! I haven't found anything that can keep the sand out & after a couple hours i'll have apx 1# of sand in my boots

I just bought a pair of bootfoot waders & i am like'n them. Have only used them twice but so far i'm like'n 'um better than the stockingfoot waders.

So, if u are get'n waders for surf fish'n, i,d get some bootfoot waders.

For surf fishing, I would definitely go with the breathable bootfoot waders. I have a pair from Orvis. The bootfoot is easy on/easy off. Don't have to worry about sand in your boots. The boot of the bootfoot does not fit as snug around your feet, but since you will be on sand and not hiking over rocks, it works OK. Buy the waders loose is better. In cold months, I wear a unlined pair of nylon warm-up pants under the waders. In summer, just a pair of shorts. After walking and fishing for awhile, you will start to get warm because even the breathable waders hold in heat. I bought a large plastic storage tub from Walmart for the back of my car. When finished fishing, I just take off the bootfoot waders and dump it into the tub and drive home. Be sure to wash off the waders when you get home.

Quote Originally Posted by m2oz90277 View Post
    Nessie Hunter,
    I strongly considered bootfoot waders but opted for the stocking foot in the rare change I go tubing. Otherwise, I would've bought the bootfoot waders all the way like you suggest. Luckily, the built in gators on my Frogg Toggs prevent the majority of the sand from getting into my booties. By the way, what brand of bootfoot waders do you use? It sounds like most people have a hard time finding a comfortable boot that fits. Thanks.
    I float Tube so never considered Boot foot waders... Stocking foot is the only way..
    If I go Surf fishing, I do wear shoes or Aqua boots over the wader stocking foot...

If money was no object (or could justify $$ 2 pair of waders) or I only did Surf fishing. I would go for Boot Foot waders though!!!

Skinny jeans are ridiculous hahaha

The real question is do you want stocking waders or boot waders.

having used stocking waders I want to grey boot waders. One less thing to buy and think about.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12