Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Dvl 1/23/13

Default Dvl 1/23/13

Went out Wednesday to fish DVL with the half price rentals. Got to the lake around 10, launched and headed to some islands and points I've previously caught fish on. No graph on the basic jon I rented and I havent set either of mine up to be portable, so I didnt look for suspended fish or anything deeper than 30. About noon I got on a little cut that produced 3 fish fairly quick, 20-30 feet on a drop shot. Got pecked on a jig later once the wind picked up, but fish only picked it up by the trailer. Wind got stiff about 1:30 and kept me off the pattern I'd been on, not enough control with my transom mount motor. Nothing huge by DVL standard, all 2lb cookie cutter LMB. Good luck and don't forget to check out the giants chasing stockers at the marina if you go!

Hey man were there a bunch of guys throwing big baits in the marina when you were there?

Not a ton, but I did not get there early. When I came in there at 4 was a guy in a Tracker near the rock wall at the marina store hucking a big bait like he had since I got there, and a shore banger throwing a big deadstick bait. Only a few of the trout I saw were 10" fish, they were grouped up ranging from 3-6/7lbs.

Where exactly did u see the trout and where they browns or bows ? PM please

he saw all the trout @ the ramp and u cant fish there. there recent hogs from mt lassen. if ur on a boat and u sit @ the bouy line and cast you might get 1 before they kick u off the spot.. good luck.. Oh from shore u may see a trout swim by every once in a while but they only bite when there stacked in coves.. ive tossed jigs and kast masters into the deep for hours for nothing. find a school u will hook up