Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Casting for Stripers

Default Casting for Stripers

What line or combination of lines should I use when casting for Stripers? I have Penn Defiance Conventional Reel DFN25LW.

This will depend on what you will be throwing at them. For large plugs like Producers or 8" swimbaits you'll want 15-25# mono or even braid. For topwaters like spooks you'll want 10-15#. No lighter than 10lbs. I'd say though.

Quote Originally Posted by P.A.W. View Post
    This will depend on what you will be throwing at them. For large plugs like Producers or 8" swimbaits you'll want 15-25# mono or even braid. For topwaters like spooks you'll want 10-15#. No lighter than 10lbs. I'd say though.
    thanks P>A>W.
    knowledge is always welcome.

i usually go with braid. once you have a nice hookup, and your line snaps, you'll go with braid after too.

Suffix 25 lb. braid. I use it all the time and have never been broken off at all. Great for tossing the large baits 8-12 inches out no problem at all. I use a Bass pro shops NT10HA reel only and a St.Croix 8ft. legend tournament swim-bait rod that can handle lures up to 8 ounces. This is a great set-up but believe me not cheap!!! Factory rod orders only!!!! Dsrt Tortise