Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Caddis Breathable Waders

Default Caddis Breathable Waders

I purchased a pair of breahable waders last Spring, as my neoprene waders were just too hot that time of the year. They were comfortable and economical and I wore them until the water at Perris warmed up and I didn't need waders anymore.
    When it got to be Fall and I needed some waders, to fish up at Lake Gregory, I pulled them out of storage and headed up to the lake. My right foot started to get cold and when I took them off I realized that they were leaking at the stocking foot. I tried to seal the seams but the next outing proved that the repair hadn't worked.
    I contacted Caddis, explained what was wrong and they gave me a RA to send them back for repair/replacement. I didn't have my receipt so I had to pay for the shipping there and $15.00 to have them shipped back.
    This morning UPS dropped off a new pair of waders and now my feet will be dry and warm. It is nice when a manufacturer stands behind their product.

I've heard that happening with Hodgeman's too. Apparently there are some areas where the stitching can fail.

I need to pony up and buy some Simms and not have to deal with quality issues like that, but the Redington Sonics that I have now are holding up pretty well.

Glad to hear that Caddis provided you with a repair/replacement.

Thats awsome! I have a pair of RedHead wading boots that have velcro straps. I paid cash at BassPro and I too lost the receipt, and the first outing with the boots, the plastic clip thing where the velcro strap wraps around broke, very poor quality. I didnt even think about calling the company at the time.
    Perhaps I can call the mfg and get a replacement boot.

*update* I tried looking all over the web for the RedHead company, ended up talking to BassPro and it turns out that BPS is the mfg of RedHead and they said I could exchange it since BPS is the only place you can get RedHead products!!
    Thanks Kelster for inspiring me to get off my lazy butt and take care of this..lol
    Last edited by casting call; 01-29-2013 at 11:57 AM.

I had a pair of hodgeman breathable waders fail big time on a trip to Corona Lake. It was like all of the seems failed at the same time, both legs soaking wet when I took off the waders. I called them up and got a return authorization which entailed me sending them a picture of the waders with one of the booties cut off. I had to go pull my amazon history to get the receipt, but they shipped me replacement waders of my size choice within a week.

Smile

Simms. Lifetime warranty, no receipt needed, no questions asked...
    The best waders has the best warranty, period.

If you wear a size 7, 8 or 9 bootfoot and looking for a pair of Simms waders. Shoot me a PM, I'll hook you up with the best deal on the planet. Simms bootfoot lug waders start at $399.99 a pair, with the higher end models at $699.99. Simms aren't even making them right now as they are looking for a new boot company to replace Muck Boots, the previous supplier.

Quote Originally Posted by casting call View Post
    Thats awsome! I have a pair of RedHead wading boots that have velcro straps. I paid cash at BassPro and I too lost the receipt, and the first outing with the boots, the plastic clip thing where the velcro strap wraps around broke, very poor quality. I didnt even think about calling the company at the time.
    Perhaps I can call the mfg and get a replacement boot.

*update* I tried looking all over the web for the RedHead company, ended up talking to BassPro and it turns out that BPS is the mfg of RedHead and they said I could exchange it since BPS is the only place you can get RedHead products!!
    Thanks Kelster for inspiring me to get off my lazy butt and take care of this..lol
    I was five minutes from throwing mine in the garbage but figured what would it hurt to contact them and see if they could be replaced. The worst that they could say is no and they came through.

Quote Originally Posted by Wingnut View Post
    Simms aren't even making them right now as they are looking for a new boot company to replace Muck Boots, the previous supplier.
    I didn't know Simms was looking for a new supplier to make their muck boots. I guess that's why most of the they're being marked down to $125!

$400 - $600 for waders? That is crazy! Lifetime guarantee for not, only a fool would pay that much.