Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Is Your Go To Lure/Rig For Bass?

Default What Is Your Go To Lure/Rig For Bass?

Freshwater I like Zara Spook Jr or a chartreuse senko...brown double tail grub on a small leadhead for smb

Saltwater I use a motor oil w red&green flake 3-4" curlytail grub on a 1/4 oz leadhead

I love the top water too, but all around day in and out I always have one rod set up with a watermelon senko wacky rigged.

Really depends on the time of year and the patterns the fish are on.

I love reaction baits. Topwater baits like spooks, poppers, and Lunker Punkers. Spinner baits in white and white/chartreuse and bluegill. Crank-baits, colors and techniques depend on the time of year, shad, bluegill, and baby bass, and crawfish. I like swim-baits in the same patterns as well. But as for when reaction baits aren't happening, jigs and t-rigs.

As far as my "go to" rig for all seasons, I always have a t-rig ready to go using various colored twin tailed hula grubs using a 3/0 EWG thin wire hook and a 1/4oz bullet weight painted black, sometimes I peg the weight, sometimes I don't...

T rig senko or creature baits & the good ol 4" fat ika get the job done for me.
    Last edited by bassfishing24/7; 02-03-2013 at 07:40 AM.

Senko weightless, wacky or Texas.

Drop shot.

If you can't catch fish on those, might as well break out the nightcrawlers.

And for saltwater, I usually use the baits freshwater fish haven't touched. (Not much of a saltwater fisherman as you can tell)

weightless brush hogs..

4-inch roboworms - Margarita mutilator and aaron's magic. Sometimes Morning dawn (without red flake).

3-inch grubs! I seldom see people tossing these any more.

Fresh water- 5" purple and brown robo zipper worm and saltwater 4-5" red brown red sparkle big hammer (forgot its name) or the calico killer

Freshwater- 4" MMIII or Orange Crush roboworm (straight tail), texas rigged

Saltwater- 3" Big hammer sexy smelt with 1/4oz plain leadhead

Owner shakey worm

Dropshot small plastics...small curly tail worms, senkos, craws for freshwater or creature baits on a jighead. In the salt...carolina rigged curly tail grubs or slug baits for spotties and halibut.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast