Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: report and video

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default report and video

dvl is starting to get better, but with the warm days and cool nights fish are in limbo. we got fish up on the bank as well as out to 70+ foot of water. the biggest thing is to pick which fish you want to target. deep fish will require more care on the release, but you can catch a bunch. the shallow fish are harder to get to bite but are larger. without a doubt if you can get the shallow ones to eat, you're setting yourself for a pretty memorable trip on the water.

the goal for me today was to play shallow and if it seriously went to hell, i was gonna run on the outside and pluck some fish to save face. the shallow fish were real stingy. senko up in the junk was the only thing i could get them to look at. messed around with some other techniques with a fish here and there. all in all the shallow bite was pretty rough. what was there last week was not there this week. fish are in transition and moving around.

abandoned the shallow gig about an hour before close then went deep. the deep bite was pretty solid. drop shot, jig and carolina all getting bit as usual. ended up banging some fish up at the end with a big fish around 4 pounds. everything else between 2.5 and up. fun but boring bite. really mess around with your cadence right now on your retrieves. you'll be amazed at how slow these fish want it.

here's a video i made today if you're interested. totally un related technique i was playing with.

https://www.lastchancetackle.com/Pho...chLOG1-01.aspx

Thanks matt for the report and all your help hopefully the bite is still Sunday.

Was going to go tomorrow, but boat was wet from rain last week, maybe next weekend. Thanks for the tips, Matt!

Excellent advice Matt.