Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Gear Testing Offer?

Default Gear Testing Offer?

Has anyone heard of Fishhound.com?

I entered a photo in a contest and since then, I have been getting these emails from them asking me to become a paid member.

They say that you can pay $39 and then choose $125 worth of fishing gear but it sounds like BS.

They have this better business bureau thing at the bottom so then I thought, maybe this isnt a scam, but it still sounds too good to be true (and usually on the web when you find something like that, it's garbage, but I dunno)

Just seeing if anyone has any first hand knowledge of this company or has paid to be a member, because I don't feel like throwing away 40 bucks if it's a scam.

~Tight Lines~

If it sounds too good to be true, then...

You try it out, and get back to us with a fishing/buying report :P

edit: they have a facebook page.... https://www.facebook.com/FishingReports

seems like its legit, has some member photos of people posting with their gear.
    Last edited by tree; 02-04-2013 at 10:19 PM.

Default Thank you!

They have a monthly offer for $9 a month and you choose $25 in gear every month. I am gonna try it out before pay $39 for the annual membership and get the $125. I'll get back to you guys once I get my first order...

Thanks Tree! Their FB page seems legit. I appreciate the helpful response, I can't stand it when someone asks a questions and someone replies but gives no relevant help whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by tree View Post
    You try it out, and get back to us with a fishing/buying report :P

edit: they have a facebook page.... https://www.facebook.com/FishingReports

seems like its legit, has some member photos of people posting with their gear.

I Googled "Fishhound.com" and "Scam" and couldn't find anything negative about them - unlike Mysterytacklebox. I found the following comment from a forum of a Minnesota fishing website, "I am a member. I have received a few lures from them. I wouldn't say free. You earn points to spend and then pay shipping."

It seems like you won't get ripped off, but you may end up with a crapload of gear that you won't ever use; especially since most of us tend to rely on our favorite lures that we have confidence and leave the rest to gather dirt in our tackle boxes. I'm still trying to find out their business model and how they expect to make money. Maybe their gear is discontinued models that they get at a huge discount? Anyways let us know how it goes.

I tried MTB and it's pretty simple but not really worth it. I just don't really see the purpose of it when when you spend $15 a month for $15-$20 in fishing gear that's a mystery. If I am spending $15 to get $15 I would rather just pick my own baits and lures. I get the angle and their commercials are awesome; But I'd rather get some more bang for my buck...

I signed up for the monthly offer from Fishhound.com; I'll let you guys know if I actually get the gear I ordered... Hoping this works out because they have some rods on their site that I would love to get for Free or at worst just pay shipping like that one guy said...

Quote Originally Posted by GhettoBasster View Post
    I Googled "Fishhound.com" and "Scam" and couldn't find anything negative about them - unlike Mysterytacklebox. I found the following comment from a forum of a Minnesota fishing website, "I am a member. I have received a few lures from them. I wouldn't say free. You earn points to spend and then pay shipping."

It seems like you won't get ripped off, but you may end up with a crapload of gear that you won't ever use; especially since most of us tend to rely on our favorite lures that we have confidence and leave the rest to gather dirt in our tackle boxes. I'm still trying to find out their business model and how they expect to make money. Maybe their gear is discontinued models that they get at a huge discount? Anyways let us know how it goes.

If it's anything like the North American Fishing Club, I hope they at least give you some stickers for your car.

Be carefull !!!!! Just shop the sales out there and pay cash. Just sayin.

Quote Originally Posted by old pudd fisher View Post
    Be carefull !!!!! Just shop the sales out there and pay cash. Just sayin.
    Good advice!