Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Swapping out swimmies for spinner blades on an A rig

Default Swapping out swimmies for spinner blades on an A rig

Got my first A rig but since we gotta abide by rules, and I dont feel like putting false swimbaits on, has anyone tried switching out two of the baits with spinner blades? Im wondering if it will be unbalanced or not swim right. Any suggestions?

i have tried this and it works really well with the colorado blades. one disadvantage is that it doesnt seem to want to continue spinning when you slow it down and the blades just kinda flutter which im sure works but i like to almost slow roll my A rigs i find it more productive in the so cal waters. give it a try the blades are pretty cheap at bass pro.

Sweet. I went with 4.5 willows to get a more shad or minnow type shape to it. Did you attach the blades directly to the A rig snaps?

i tried messing with it a little by putting tying basically a short leader to the blades but they seemed to continue to get caught in the other baits so the way i have been doing it is just to the snaps. make sure your a rig snaps can swivel, i know there are some that dont but if your a rig snaps cant spin a full 360 freely then it wont work.
    hope this help.

Maybe you know this but put the blades on the top two arms and your baits on the bottom two and trailer . I recently learned this from a friend
    I am sure it's prolly common knowledge here . If U did not use swivels and snapped the blades on only would they work like spoons or does something ugly happen?