Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Pliers?

Default Pliers?

I'm in the market for some new pliers need some recommendations.

Ive always used the standard 6-9" long needle nose pliers but thinking about trying something new.

Like these.

Or the shorter ones

Last edited by Lightline; 03-09-2013 at 08:09 AM.

Those pliers are for changing out split rings. If that is your intentions then it'll work but for removing hooks, get something else

I went cheap on my pliers, bro. I went to Home Depot and bought some Channel Lock needlenose, and dykes. I cut off the blue plastic, and wrapped the handles with Seeker butt cord. Deckhand style. LOL
    Last edited by FishinElectrician; 03-09-2013 at 04:15 PM.

I bought a pair like the one in the second picture but not exactly the same. I got it on eBay from China for super super cheap, and I didn't really expect it to last, but I am a sucker for new gadgets. Two years later I still use it all the time to cut line, pinch carolina keepers, flatten barbs, and pinch split shot. When it was newer it would cut braid line as well, but now it just sort of saws at braid. It only cost a couple of bucks and has been well worth it. The one in your picture is Buy it Now for $6.10 with free shipping. If you're not too hard on it, it should last a long time. I use mine all the time.

You can also get a small pair of needle nose pliers at Harbor Freight for very little, but it won't cut line.
    Last edited by Cartman; 03-10-2013 at 11:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fysher View Post
    Those pliers are for changing out split rings. If that is your intentions then it'll work but for removing hooks, get something else

Intially that is what I thought they were just split right pliers but look closely their not. They can be used as split ring pliers and regular pliers. Mayne the picture doesn't show I'll see if I can find another one.

Quote Originally Posted by Cartman View Post
    I bought a pair like the one in the second picture but not exactly the same. I got it on eBay from China for super super cheap, and I didn't really expect it to last, but I am a sucker for new gadgets. Two years later I still use it all the time to cut line, pinch carolina keepers, flatten barbs, and pinch split shot. When it was newer it would cut braid line as well, but now it just sort of saws at braid. It only cost a couple of bucks and has been well worth it. The one in your picture is Buy it Now for $6.10 with free shipping. If you're not too hard on it, it should last a long time. I use mine all the time.

You can also get a small pair of needle nose pliers at Harbor Freight for very little, but it won't cut line.

Thanks I think I'm Gona pick me a several pairs.

Cheap needle nose ALWAYS in back pocket when fishing.
    Use my knife for cutting line.

Quote Originally Posted by DockRat View Post
    Cheap needle nose ALWAYS in back pocket when fishing.
    Use my knife for cutting line.
    Amen to that

MM