Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Alondra park lake WFO

Default Alondra park lake WFO

Arrived today at 7am noticed bass were on beds in the shallows so I figured the trout should be holding deep. Ended up nailing two trout on powerbait and one on a green/brown minijig...i even had a dinky bass take the powerbait first time ive seen that....everyone on the lake seemed to be having similar success but what really impressed me was the consistant large size of the fish especially for dfg stocked trout. My largest for the day was six pounds even (see pic). When I gutted the six pound fish it had a total of 5 plastic worms in its mouth and stomach as well as three hooks in its stomach amaziClick image for larger version. 

Name:	181022_351830801588392_1248470135_n.jpg 
Views:	689 
Size:	61.4 KB 
ID:	39788ng it was still alive

Wow!! I'm amazed they would even stock a pond like that, let alone a fish that size in there. Nice catch!

Quote Originally Posted by fishincouple View Post
    Wow!! I'm amazed they would even stock a pond like that, let alone a fish that size in there. Nice catch!
    I've seen a few in the 3 to 4 lb class at a couple of the city lakes , but they weren't posted on the net. Either way that's a great catch.

Nice catch. The locals say that the stockings have been very weak this year. I'm 0 for 3 soaking powerbait this season. Short 1 hour soaks after work.
    Congrats. DR

The worms and hooks in its mouth/stomach is the sad reality of irresponsible fishing and bait-n-wait C&R....some folks just don't give a crap. Nice fish regardless!

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfish Addict View Post
    The worms and hooks in its mouth/stomach is the sad reality of irresponsible fishing and bait-n-wait C&R....some folks just don't give a crap. Nice fish regardless!

Im pretty sure the fish broke off people due to its sheer size and lack of knowledge of b&w'ers at city parks. Just my .02

*shakka*

Out of the 320 views your post got so far, how many of those folks do you think went straight to Alondra today to look for those beds??? LOL!

Nice fish, by the way!!! Especially out of Alondra!

I dont understand why people think its a secret that the bass are bedding right now. Its freakin spawning season geebus!! The bass are bedding at all city lakes so why the hell would talking about it make a difference on where people fish?? I ninja'd the cemetary yesterday and slayed em, but is everyone gonna hit the cemetary now?

No disrespect fishin electrician, but the flamers on this board are worse than the freakin twilight fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfish Addict View Post
    I agree with FKNChristopH . I highly doubt anyone at Alondra fishing for trout would C&R that trout let alone anything they catch! That fish just broke off several trout fisherman.

-b

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast