Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: "spot blocken" the shore guys!!!

they said the issue was resolved and they talked it out no need to keep pushing the issue let's just drop it and fish

fish hound is right...its over and done with.. issue resolved. I appreciate all the kind words from you guys... thank you...you guys all obviously know my character.

and for the record... nobody should ever tie on a lure and fire it at somebody, whether they are in a boat or on shore...warning...If someone ever does it to me, it will be go time and Ill be taking someones teeth home as my trophy. Fishing is supposed to be fun for everyone whether it be shore guys or boaters. Getting so pissed off at the lake and actually trying to hurt someone will do nothing but get you hurt and your butt thrown in the pokey.. Its just not worth it... ITS FISHING PEOPLE!! Smile and catch a damn fish and be hhappy you are fortunate enough to be there fishing because alot of people are NOT fortunate enough to be at a lake enjoying the outdoors and doing something they love to do. END OF STORY!!!
    MODS PLEASE LOCK DOWN THIS THREAD...ITS NOT GOING ANYWHERE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Marino View Post
    fish hound is right...its over and done with.. issue resolved. I appreciate all the kind words from you guys... thank you...you guys all obviously know my character.

and for the record... nobody should ever tie on a lure and fire it at somebody, whether they are in a boat or on shore...warning...If someone ever does it to me, it will be go time and Ill be taking someones teeth home as my trophy. Fishing is supposed to be fun for everyone whether it be shore guys or boaters. Getting so pissed off at the lake and actually trying to hurt someone will do nothing but get you hurt and your butt thrown in the pokey.. Its just not worth it... ITS FISHING PEOPLE!! Smile and catch a damn fish and be hhappy you are fortunate enough to be there fishing because alot of people are NOT fortunate enough to be at a lake enjoying the outdoors and doing something they love to do. END OF STORY!!!
    MODS PLEASE LOCK DOWN THIS THREAD...ITS NOT GOING ANYWHERE!!!
    I saw this thread when it was first posted and knew right away who was involved. I also knew that it would be handled with dignity and professionalism. Kudos to you Pete, you're a good man dude...

And you're right, this thread will bring out the worst and is why I didn't post until now. The mods should lock er up...
    Last edited by HawgZWylde; 03-31-2013 at 11:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bsp View Post
    First tell them, "Mind backing off? If I can cast into your boat you're too close bud, please move down." If that's met with a hostile response or is ignored, then it's time to send the message across a bit more clearly. I carry a modified Tady 45 for this purpose. Bust the hook of a Tady 45, and sling it into the side of their boats when they pull stunts like that. People back off pretty quick once you cast over them, and then chip/ding their $$$ gel coat/fiberglass on the shiny new bass boat.
    Wow... I certainly don't don't condone the boaters actions but hitting someone or their boat with a big salt water jig is a great way to have the living sh** kicked out of you and anyone who might be with you....... Just saying.... :-)

When I read the thread I thought it might be Petes boat. I'm sure he wouldn't roll up on someone on purpose... I'm glad it was taken care of.
    Last edited by Stormcrow; 03-31-2013 at 01:50 PM.

Launching a saltwater lure at a boat=arrest record! It's just fishing man, is it really worth it? Come on bps grow up!

Like I said, it's used to get the message across when polite, civil language doesn't seem to be doing the trick. I come from party/private boat fishing on the saltwater scene and that tactic is used FREQUENTLY when one boat is infringing on your bite, be it anchored up for WSB at the islands or drifting for paddies off shore. It clearly demonstrates that somebody is too close if you can reach their boat/lines with a cast. You never sling irons at people, just use them to make a point that somebody is too close by using them to reach out and touch their boat or casting over their lines.

I have had morons in boats buzz by and kill a decent deadstick bite, slice a bait off that I'm working on a long cast, and all around wreck the experience. Gotta love the guys that laugh, retrieve your bait, wave it at you, and take off again. Fellow shore anglers can screw things up, but it's a hell of a lot less frequent. I've seen much fewer gracious boaters than I have morons who think blasting around the lake with no regard for shore anglers is a fantastic idea. Level of patience for boaters is basically zilch at this point for me, so I'll admit that has influenced my opinion.

On a serious note, feel free to PM me if you honestly want to discuss this further. Pete and MWD Rich have worked this out, so this topic is beating a dead horse at this point.
    Last edited by bsp; 03-31-2013 at 06:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Marino View Post
    and for the record... nobody should ever tie on a lure and fire it at somebody, whether they are in a boat or on shore..
    I bet you'll give shore anglers a little more space now ?
    Glad you guys kissed and made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Willy View Post
    Launching a saltwater lure at a boat=arrest record! It's just fishing man, is it really worth it?
    The idea is not to hit the boat or people but to send a warning. Yes it works. Legal too.
    Maybe not a SW lure at DVL. It comes down to who was there first and why infringe on someones space ?
    I practice this at King Harbor. Stand up paddleboards and yaks. One needs to establish there fishing space.
    If there is a hot babe on a SUP then she gets a free pass.
    It is the same as the old tall ship era.
    ' Fire a warning shot across the bow '

Quote Originally Posted by bsp View Post
    Like I said, it's used to get the message across when polite, civil language doesn't seem to be doing the trick. I come from party/private boat fishing on the saltwater scene and that tactic is used FREQUENTLY when one boat is infringing on your bite, be it anchored up for WSB at the islands or drifting for paddies off shore.
    Yup, nothing worse than a WSB bite shut down due to a Bozo dropping anchor.
    Shut down the bite for a couple hours. This is common in the ocean.
    DR

Not much you can do Rich. happens to me allllll the time. I just keep my mouth shut and have stuck 2 20lb stripers right behind 2 different people boats that have done that to me, only much closer. bout 40 feet. Paybacks a ***** and karma will prevail :D

My buddy and I witnessed everything that **** was funny!

I think the bigger point is there is plenty of other water to fish than the 3 mile stretch the shore guys have to stay at. If you are at one part of the lake and it is slow, you can shoot somewhere else in a second. We cannot. It was a busy day Friday and when you sit 5' from shore and throw at beds it doesn't leave us with new grounds to fish. It is just very selfish when you have 23 other miles of water you can hit. YOU are the one not sharing well. If we too could shore fish the entire lake this convo would be null and void, but that isn't the case. No hard feelings, I know we are all there to catch fish but next time maybe think about how little area the shore guys have and spread the love. Not to mention the lunker lure one of your customers was throwing all around. Might as well throw rocks.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast