Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Lew's B/C Reel Paddle Grips And Reel Grips...I Did It!

Default Lew's B/C Reel Paddle Grips And Reel Grips...I Did It!

I got the Lew's Tournament Speed Spool (TS1HL) in today. And I posted a few weeks ago if the paddle handles can have Reel Grips installed...and the answer is YES!

It wasn't easy, I had to use a pair of needle nose pliers to stretch the Reel Grips onto the paddle grips and slowly work the pliers off. I first had to take off the paddle grips from the shaft. A little bit of determination and patience and I have the Reel Grips installed.

I so much prefer the feel of the Reel Grips on the paddle grips of the Lew's reel, it doesn't feel so "thin" on my fingers and adds that little bit of grip.

Here's something I discovered when I took off the paddle grips...there is grip bearing in each of the shaft...now that was a nice surprise and now I understand why when I first did the initial cranking without the Reel Grips why it felt smooth on that area.
    Last edited by Ghost; 04-09-2013 at 12:35 AM.