Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Shimano crucial vs compre

Default Shimano crucial vs compre

Which do you prefer for a medium casting rod to be paired with a shimano chronarch?? Anyone own both?

Quote Originally Posted by DC5fishR View Post
    Which do you prefer for a medium casting rod to be paired with a shimano chronarch?? Anyone own both?
    Don't know much about the new models, but I have a couple of both in the original models and love the crucials over the compre's. Seems the newer models have taken after the Cumara series in design.

I can tell you i have a compre jig and worm rod 7'5 heavy 1/2-1 1/2 weight rating and have a chronarch e6 on it and i love it!!! never really fished a crucial but for me i love my compre!! i hear the compre is a bit softer in the tip which i think is great for worms and bottom bouncing stuff but its all personal preference and what you plan to fish ... but you cant go wrong with the chronarch they are solid reels that redifined smooth for me hahahaha

I fish the newer crucial with the chrony and love it. I found the compre a little stiffer, which is not a bad thing, but the blank on the crucial is so thin and light. my $0.02. By the way, go with the newer models, the threadless handle is extremely comfortable.

Thanks guys for your experience on the two shimanos...decided on springing for the new crucial. Oh yeah, btw cabelas is currently having their free shipping on rods and reels.