Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: My first shimano curado

Default My first shimano curado

Need some help. What will be the best rod to setup my first curado 200g6 any price range. Looking in a all round rod to get me started in bass fishing.

Dobyns Champion 703 or 733 it comes in full handle or split handle.
    Shimano Cumara 7'2" Med X-Fast
    just my 2 cent. Good Luck with your choice.

thanks for the help. What do you think is best braid with topshop fluorocarbon or go straight fluorocarbon.

Depends on what you plan on fishing with it.

seaguar blue label fluro... I would pair that reel with a shimano rod personally but its completely up to you at the end of the day... shimano Crucial would be a great rod (lifetim e warranty as well) or maybe a lommis if money dont matter

As mentioned before, it depends on what technique you intend to use it for. It's easy to choose a brand, but choosing the right action is difficult without knowing technique(s) you intend to use.

Thanks guys for your feed backs. Will be fishing with Senkos, Jigs, Flukes, Texas Rigs and Spinnerbaits. I just want a good setup to start with. I know that eventually I will be buy more rods and reels.

The G. Loomis MBR843 (GLX or IMX) is regarded by a lot of people as one of the best all around rod.

With that said, anything in a 7', medium heavy, fast action, 10-17lb test, 1/4-3/4oz lure rating would suffice.

And if you plan on sticking with an all around rod, I would really stick to a 3 powered rod (medium heavy for most companies). I myself like heavier rods, but my heavy rods aren't as versatile. But for the stuff you listed, a 3 powered rod would do. For jigs, a 4 or 5 powered rod might be better.
    Last edited by ogrich31; 04-22-2013 at 11:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fishontrout View Post
    Need some help. What will be the best rod to setup my first curado 200g6 any price range. Looking in a all round rod to get me started in bass fishing.

if you are still looking for a rod. you should check out jaws 8" 10-20 rod. tip is very sensitive and has alot of backbone. I also use it for yellowtail.