Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Curado 300e and Rod Suggestion help!

Default Curado 300e and Rod Suggestion help!

So I have this Curado 300e7 that was handed down to me by my uncle. The rod that he initially paired it up with was a Coastal, heavy action, 7,9 10-20lb lure weight 1/2-1 1/2. I have always wanted to use for surf fishing because chucking larger lures on my spinning rod is not working out so well. This rod I believe is to heavy for the surf and probably more suited for bass fishing on a boat.

What rod would you guys suggest would be a perfect match for my reel. I am probably going to be slinging baits from 3/8-1 ounce sizes(swimbaits,LC, and any heavier lure up to 1 ounce). I plan to use this setup to target larger species in the surf whatever they maybe. My price range is up to 200$ but I would prefer if it didn't break the bank heheh. Oh and what kind of line should spool this reel with? Right now it has some unknown brand 15lb line.
    Thanks for all your help :D

For stuff like 1oz i would go with a crucial 7'11h. Find an older one with a cork split grip. I love mine....

I use the new crucial, its a 7'6" or 7'11" 1-3oz punching stick. I use it for inshore fishing but I'm not afraid to throw it at yellow tail or wsb or even albacore. I have it spooled with 50lb izor spectra and use a 20-30lb mono leader.