Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Light Action Spinning Rod for a Diawa Fugeo 1500

Default Light Action Spinning Rod for a Diawa Fugeo 1500

Looking for a good light action rod for a Diawa reel I bought on sale last year..I don't have a Gloomis budget. Suggestions?

MM

if you can find a deal on one of the old model Cumaras. don't know if you're ok with mixing and matching daiwa and shimano, but if you are, makes a nice combo. I've been fishing a fuego 2000 on the 7'2 4-8# dropshot cumara, and love it.

One of the older cork handle med.light crucial rods. Keep an eye out for one in the classifieds. You could find one for $60-$75. Those rods feels similar to my loomis gl2 rods. I have both and like them equally. However, i'm not a big fan of the new crucial rods with the black grip. Have one of those too and it just sits on my rod rack.

I have a stradic fj1000 on a 7'2 light recon 2 phenix spinning rod and I love it.

Never had a light action rod longer than 6.6ft...am I'm a boater..7'-7'2 would be odd but I guess Ill get used to it..as far as looking for classified deals I'm always a day late & a dollar short...