Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Best time to fish in the surf?

Default Best time to fish in the surf?

I have the next few days off and plan on hitting up Sunset Beach and Bolsa Chica up with some sand crabs and a LC. Is there a time of day that's usually better or tides?
    Thanks

For me, it is the first three hours after the peak of the tide, either high or low. With the noon highs this week, I will be fishing from noon to around six in the evening. Makes it easy to see the beans in the skinny. Good luck

Thanks, gonna try these out

I usually like to work the incoming about 2 hrs before peak high tide and maybe about an after that.

However.. Sometimes people like fishin the low tides for halibut and corbinas.

I've seen some great reports of people catchin nice spotfin croakers at BC these days on sand crabs too. Best to around low tide to find holes/troughs that'll fill in with the incoming tide and work the sandcrabs as those holes/troughs fill in.

Just depends on what u wanna target...
    Last edited by dkinla; 06-30-2013 at 07:21 PM.