Quote Originally Posted by TUNAVIC View Post
Nothing remains the same,you and others are right,local fishing is no what it used to be,anyone saying different is sadly mistaken,I remember catching many,many yellowtail locally,when I say local I mean Huntington flats to Rocky Point,and the Channel between LB shore and Catalina,there was at one time big Albies caught there too. And Calico Bass locally,in the past,it was not unusual to catch and release 30-60+between two guys in a day, all legal.
Locally I've caught trolling,WSB,Yellowtail,in good numbers in the past,not so much lately,hey years ago there was also less traffic,cleaner air,cheaper gas,need I say more?
Just enjoy what we have now,and the opportunity to do it,don't abuse the resource and share your success or skunk with us here.
What the future holds is a whole other issue which you probably do not want to hear my feelings on.jmo

Cya TunaVic
It's been extra bitter for me. I had left CA for a number of years and was shocked to have seen what has happened. Initially I was bitter about all the saltwater fishing closures that had occurred, but perhaps they were justified.

Cya, I think I know what the future holds also. I know what the state legislature's agenda is. It's obvious. But I'll take your advise and just try to enjoy what is.